Help!! Pulling My Hair Out With WireShark's Payload Section

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□

So in the screenshot included WireSharks Payload section is always squished into a very narrow column.  In my job I have to analyze information from this section all the time.  The thing is that information in this section is wrapped so that what you read in one line breaks off and continues on to the lines below it.  It's very disorienting to read this way!!!.  Is there, in the name of four mighty winds, any way this section could be made any wider, or maybe viewed in it's own window? 

B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    edited June 2020
    Search through the Wireshark questions page and have a look on the Wireshark tools page for a tool that will print the packet payload in any output format that's good for you.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited June 2020
    you can read that gobblygook??

CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • ElitisElitis Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Right-click, and click on follow TCP stream or follow HTTP stream if I remember correctly. Assuming the window that pops up is what you're referring to.
  • egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Elitis said:
    Right-click, and click on follow TCP stream or follow HTTP stream if I remember correctly. Assuming the window that pops up is what you're referring to.
    wow. this certainly did the trick. Much kudos Elitis!
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • ElitisElitis Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This takes me back. Ah, the good ol' days.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS