Options

I failed the CRISC today

libertinelibertine Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm feeling extremely low at the moment about this.  I studies using the ISACA prep course and the "All In One" book.  The questions seemed straight forward, no real scenario questions and I overall felt confident when I hit the submit button but I got the results and it said I Did Not Pass.

I don't know what to do or how to go forward at this point and need some advice.  I need to pass it.  

Any help would be appreciated.  :/

Comments

• Options
    iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that you did not pass the exam. Am currently preparing for CISM exam myself but my advice will be to do a review of section you felt you were not really sure in the exam. i dont know if they do give Section breakdown performance you enable you know which domain were your weakest so that you can focus on them more.. i will still recommend you read the official guide again and use ISACA question bank too
    you can also read report of previous members that passed CRISC to see if you can pick anything from their report 
  • Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the CRISC so can't speak first hand, but I've heard people say the correct answers don't always align with real-world practical knowledge.  Much like all exams, I guess.  I've also heard that focusing on getting the vocabulary right is important, and using ISACA's definitions is key.  If you haven't already, I would definitely review ISACA's glossary on the web https://www.isaca.org/resources/glossary.  

In any case, try not to let it get you down.  I'd probably start with a quick review of all the material to assess where you really need to focus your studies, and then hit those areas hard, follow with another quick comprehensive review, that take the test again and knock it out of the park.

Good luck!
  • Options
    cshkurucshkuru Member Posts: 246 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have the CRISC, the version I took was very NIST centric, not sure if that is the same for everyone, strongly recommend that you be very familiar with 800-30, 800-37, and 800-53.