Options

Premium courses and e-learning should be FREE

2»

Comments

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited June 2020
    Only the most strongly motivated person would pay entirely for their certification... specially higher level certification like CISSP, GIAC and so on. 

Also, if your company dont pay.. ask yourself if they are the best company to stay and grow. 
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Some certs, I'd agree, mostly really the SANS/GIAC stuff, and even then I've done work study a few times and found it very worthwhile. If a cert can mean a new job, there are not a lot of bad deals for the ROI. How many people here have we seen say "I got the CISSP and then got a new job offer because of it for 30K more!" in cases like that the <1K total cost is almost nothing in comparison. 

Even entry level ones, a couple hundred bucks to pickup an A+ and you might get a helpdesk job that is double whatever retail job you're working right now? Sounds like a bargain to me. 
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't pay for any training and all I need is the outline to get me started so its already "Free" to me. Not sure why you think your entitled to other people labor presented to you for your benefit but suspect you won't be as gracious when it comes time to pass on your knowledge to someone else.

Good luck with it as this model has been tried before - and failed.

- b/eads