Certification Goals 2020

13»

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited June 2020
    So far I have added goals lol completed the following so far;
    Virtual Hacking Labs - 3 month access, obtained Advanced+ Certificate of completion
    OSCP obtained
    eLearnSecurity Incident Handling and Response, finished course and took exam. Still waiting for results
    eLearnSecurity Web Application Penetration Testing 3, finished course, taking exam in 2-3 weeks. 
    Azure Security Engineer Associate, completed a few courses, need to spend another month sharpening concepts and lab practice. Looking to complete in late July

Since it looks like I will be reaching my goals above within a month or two, I added more Azure goals, PTXv2, and a Cloud Pentesting course for later this year as I still have the rest of the year to work on more stuff.  

I am really trying to make next year my last year for certs. I want to spend the next 10 years developing my real estate portfolio. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My consulting organization just hooked me up to pass four Azure Security and Arch exams and the CCSP before the end of the year. Nice, huh? Aggressive to be sure as I have little time off already being down a number of architects as it is.

My plan is to study three times a day, seven days a week for 20 minutes at a sitting and be ready to complete one exam a month till done. Easy peasy. These will be certs 37-41 for me. Or in other words - way too many.

Grrrrr!

- b/eads
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited June 2020
    Which Azure certs are you targeting?
    I have the following that I haven't put on my signature but its a targeted goal. Looks big but being that I have been studying AZ-500 on and off since last year, I should be able to brush up for 2-3 weeks and be able to knock AZ-500 out. Going over AZ-500 you overlap a lot of AZ-104 material, looking to knock AZ-104 within a month too. Come December I may be short one Azure architect cert so I will finish it in January 2021. 
    AZ-500 Security
    AZ-104 Admin
    AZ-204 Developer
    AZ-301 Arch Design
    AZ-303 Arch Tech

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • HealthCISOMBHealthCISOMB Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Goals for 2020:
    CRISC (Study In progress) targeting for July Test
    CCISO
    ECHFI
  • JoveJove Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Completed the following:
    GIAC GPEN
    GIAC GCIH

Up next:
    AWS Cloud Practitioner
    AWS Certified Solutions Architect
    CCSK

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I knocked out the CISSP exam a couple of weeks ago. I plan on hitting the CCNA in mid-July. From there, I plan on taking the Cloud+ beta exam in August. I am not sure what I will tackle after that. Maybe a couple of Juniper and Fortinet certs? Maybe? Who knows what the future holds?!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    for me
    below are my List of Certifications for 2020
    CISM
    AWS SAA PRO
    SISE 300-715 
    SVPN 300-730
    Learn Python Scripting 
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My plans went out of the window - but that's OK as my wife is expecting next month so really excited about that. I am really keen to work with the FAIR Risk methodology as I have taken a very keen interest in Cyber Risk quantification - moving past typical traffic light colors to highlight risk. This plus knowing NIST CSF in more detail. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've gone back and forth and anytime I lock something down something else comes up that shifts my direction.  Things are so fluid at this point I don't feel comfortable locking in to one specific certification.  I'd like to get a Teradata Developer certification and the Power BI certification, but with the business in full swing, it doesn't really  make that much sense......