Options

Question about Managing Partner and Title

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just curious how you would list Managing Partner and your role/title or would you just keep managing partner.  Right now I have Managing Partner | Sales Engineer.  

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I would personally just leave it as a Managing Partner, or Managing Director, I wouldn't list "sales engineer". Think when you expand, you will hire Sales Engineer so I see it as a different title.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited June 2020
    Not so sure that it matters, but I think the question is do you want to be seen as specializing in a particular area of the business or not? 

And maybe how your partners are listing their titles.  If you go into a big meeting with a possible client and your other partners, if the other partners business cards give more specialized titles they might be seen as go-to's for those areas and you may not.  Even when you say "and I handle sales" will they remember that in 3 weeks when they're looking at all your business cards to see which of you to call.

That's just a thought, though.  In general I think it makes very little difference and you should probably just use what makes you smile! :)
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for chiming in both of you.  Going with just managing partner.  No reason to list anything else......

Follow up.  As we work through these RFP's I have a feeling I will be changing my role as needed.   Sales Engineer, PM, etc....