Anyone take eLS WAPTX?

nathandrakenathandrake Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
Today is the last day to get 25% off all the eLearnSecurity red team courses.  I'm on the fence if I want to pay for this out of pocket so I can start it now, or wait until early 2021 when I can have my company pay for it out of the training budget.  I've already used my 2020 budget for the MASPT course.

Has anyone enrolled in the course and gone through all the modules?  If so, what did you think?  Did you learn a lot?  Did you find it beneficial in your pentesting career (either through job searching or if it made you a better pentester)?  

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't want to comment because I don't have any experience with that course, so I cannot recommend or answer your questions. 

I guess, if you are not in a rush or need to have these skills or certification, you can probably wait for 2021 when you have the budget again. There might be black friday specials too. Unless you absolutely have to get the course and certification then you might have to just spend out of pocket. What other options do you have? books and some vms? SANS? Offensive Security OSWE? Portswigger BURP free online course? Pentester Academy subscriptions and online web pentesting courses? 

Well, thought I would try and comment and not leave you hanging. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • nathandrakenathandrake Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for responding.  While I'm not in a huge rush career wise to get it, I think I'm more so eager just to advance my web app pentesting skills and learn some new things. 

While my wife hasn't flat out said she prefers me not enroll in WAPTX if it's out of pocket, she has kind of hinted I should wait until I can get my company to pay for it.  So I was more so leaning towards that, but just wanted to see if I could get anyone on here to convince me that it's worth enrolling in now before the 25% discount expires.   

My security+ is set to expire early next year, so I may go for pentest+ while waiting for the 2021 budget to kick in.  Not sure how useful it is for me at this point to renew my security+, but I hate letting certs expire. 
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah, you should probably save money during these times, you never know. Any interests in Azure cloud certs? They are giving free AZ-900 Fundamentals and Certification voucher. 

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-ca/community/events/?query=Microsoft+Azure+Training+Day%3A+Fundamentals

There are also free online training modules for the rest of their Azure and O365 certs. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX