Section 5 - RISK Management

deep_logicdeep_logic Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
HI all,
Wondering if anyone has a good tut or book on Risk Mgmt for the SEC+ exam. A lot of the searches are producing whole books and courses. I feel like this is overkill. 

Any tips appreciated,

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The CISSP reading list has several references on risk, including NIST SP 800-37 Rev 2

Are they usual study guides for Security+ not covering risk management to your liking?
  • deep_logicdeep_logic Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks @JDMurray. I didn't realize COMPTIA had a study book for SEC+. I did purchase the VIRTUAL LABS, but didn't notice that you could get a whole bundle.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If it the Comptia SEC+ exam you'll find Darril Gibson's book good enough for a pass. I used that with Prof Messer and smashed the exam and that's not boasting because I'm not super brilliant and struggle with exams.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well it looks like SY0-601 is out. Darril Gibson's book is 2017 SY0-501 so not certain if there were many major changes.
  • deep_logicdeep_logic Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I just noticed that the SY0-601 is coming in November. So, I need to get crackin'.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As others have said, Darril Gibson's Security+ guide will get you through. Buying some time on his website (practice questions, etc.) also helped me. You should definitely take as many practice tests as you can.

If you want a deeper dive on risk, you can find some great free training on Cybrary.
  • J_Gamez88J_Gamez88 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @deep_logic if you havent taken the test, you have till july 31 2021. (Read on a post from  JDMurray)They say there is a six month lapse between each exam releases so November 2020 till May 2021. Good luck
  • King7JumpKing7Jump Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Professer Messer will get you right.  He is on youtube and the only source you will need to pass.