Options

Greetings all

Haan747_zarHaan747_zar Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Glad I found this forum, I've been in the IT sector (mostly SAP security consulting) for around 10 years.  Looking to delve more into Cyber security, starting with the ISACA certifications first.  Looking for advice and a learning path to supplement my current experience.  Not working at the moment, so looking at certifications that would get me back into the market.
All the best :-)

Comments

• Options
    si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome! If you're looking to get back into the market and looking to go down the security route, the obvious one is the comptia security+. It's actually a bit harder than it would seem at first glance. But definitely look into it and rather than rush to get a nice piece of paper with your name on it, learn the material well and it'll be a good start!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    If you are looking at ISACA certs then you must be on the career path of an IT auditor, IT security manager, or risk management professional. What are you shooting for?
  • Options
    MarcusStarMarcusStar Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

Glad I found this forum, I've been in the IT sector (mostly SAP security consulting) for around 10 years.  Looking to delve more into Cyber security, starting with the ISACA certifications first.  Looking for advice and a learning path to supplement my current experience.  Not working at the moment, so looking at certifications that would get me back into the market.
    All the best :-)
    Welcome! :)

I am in a "similar" boat with looking to know what certifications to go for to get back into the market. Also not working, unfortunately, due to the pandemic. Funny thing is I am brand new to IT so this is a big jump for me. 

How do you like working in the SAP security consulting field? What made you want to get into cyber security? I will check out the ISACA certifications since I am new to all of this and am just curious to see where I should go to get my feet wet.

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    Haan747_zarHaan747_zar Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated.

To answer a few questions, the SAP security field was pretty interesting, however very flooded at the moment. Most jobs are being outsourced to larger consulting houses which makes it difficult for the little guys to get a piece of the action.

I am thinking of going the Isaca route for now to ultimately become a CIO or CSO in more of an advisory role.  But will follow this forum to learn more about trending jobs and certs.

Thank you all for the responses and looking to engage further.