Passed my Comptia Network+ N10-007 today

khlehkhleh Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
Scored 825/900

How long did I studied for..? Started and bought the first book at 2018, it took long because I'm working full time as well.

Study Materials:
Todd Lammle's Study Guide (I read every single page and tried to understand it and did all 540 questions ;_;)
Craig Zacker's Practice Tests (I did all 1202 questions ;_;)
Professor Messer's notes (hardcopy printout) & his Youtube videos (I watched every single video on the Net+ playlist with the notes accompanying)
Udemy Jason Dion's 6 Practice Exams and Simulations (I did all 450 questions too ;_; My scores averaging 70-80)

Due to it taking too long for me to finish studying the whole book and have forgotten quite a lot of what I have studied previously, I had to revise this way day before the exam.

Re-read prof. Messer's notes Chapter 1 & 2
Re-watched prof. Messer's videos Chapter 3,4 & 5)
Go through all 75 flash card banks from the study guide.
Do a set of 90 questions from the study guide.
Do a set of 90 questions from the practice tests.
Review some hand-written notes by myself.
Completed: Network+ (N10-007), Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)

Comments

• D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

I passed my Security+ and was going to take a VMware cert, but I think i am going to take Network+ next.
    I think i may follow the same journey you took. I usually study for about a year before i take the test. I also work full time as well and have a family also.
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The full time work and family responsibilities along with motivation makes it tough for certs. Well done on the pass. What is your next cert Khleh
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats ! @ khleh
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • khlehkhleh Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited July 2020
    itdept said:
    The full time work and family responsibilities along with motivation makes it tough for certs. Well done on the pass. What is your next cert Khleh

I may be going for
    Microsoft's Azure Fundamentals
    Microsoft Azure Administration Associate
    Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
  • marciaczoommarciaczoom Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I just passed my Security+ and was advised to go for A+ next. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations. I just passed my Security+ and was advised to go for A+ next. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Congratz to you too! In my case, I didn't go for A+ reason being I felt my diploma already has got that part covered

In my view, I consider A+ is good for the following:

1. Those who are just getting into I.T without any background in I.T previously
    2. Those who are already in the I.T field, but wants to strengthen their foundation/to be proven capable, by being certified.

For me, I went for Net+ because (1) I thought myself lacking strongly in networking, and (2) I picked up interest in it, and (3) I'm planning to land a job in networking for my next career (crossing fingers), thus taking this cert
    balance said:
    Congrats!

Sir! That's quite a lot certs you've got there!

Thanks!
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    khleh said:
    balance said:
    Congrats!

Sir! That's quite a lot certs you've got there!

Thanks!
    No way .... some of the folks on the board have me beat by miles.   I enjoy learning new things as well as the challenge of taking an exam and passing it. Some of the certs are for job requirements , and some are because I enjoy the topic.  It is kind of like a hobbie I suppose. 
  • 10jwood10jwood Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You definitely have the momentum going on! You probably know this but it is surprising how much free resources Cisco also has!
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not being much of a network guy I really enjoyed studying for Network +.  Hated security and A+ but REALLY enjoyed Network +.