Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I read an article that stated kuwait airport was going to start resuming commercial flights on Aug 1st. I wonder if that is good news for us for CRC
  • Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    did anyone had to resubmit their eqip information since the pandemic started if you can't answer here always msg me privately. 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited July 2020
    isiac316 said:
    I read an article that stated kuwait airport was going to start resuming commercial flights on Aug 1st. I wonder if that is good news for us for CRC

Possibly. I feel like there's going to be somewhat of a backlog for deployers though. I don't feel good about leaving this year to be honest.
  • Options
    As long they start deploying that will be good news for me. Gotta stay positive 
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
     I will list two news site which could help  I also listed the CRC website as well as the site for Fort Bliss  in case someone needs it .  Yes the  airports are going to be 100% Aug 1  what Kuwait is calling " Stage 3"  Hope this helps 

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/news/
    https://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/
    https://home.army.mil/bliss/index.php/units-tenants/crc 
    https://home.army.mil/bliss/index.php 

• Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Glad to see this thread is still kicking. Anyone who is looking to work overseas would do well to check here first. I've done two contracts in Afghanistan (not back to back) and this board was invaluable. Interesting to see the effects COVID-19 is having on the expat work force. Stay safe, people!
  • Options
    naej89naej89 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello, 

What companies are still over in Afghanistan for IT positions. I worked for ITT Exelis years ago but I am thinking on taking another contract. I am looking for APDE/Help Desk, Network Admin or IA. I know I have the certs and the experience for those positions. Also if you are aware what are the current salaries. 

Thank you. 
  • Options
    naej89 said:
    Hello, 

What companies are still over in Afghanistan for IT positions. I worked for ITT Exelis years ago but I am thinking on taking another contract. I am looking for APDE/Help Desk, Network Admin or IA. I know I have the certs and the experience for those positions. Also if you are aware what are the current salaries. 

Thank you. 
    Look  here https://people.defensenews.com/top-100/

Three steps 
    1. Locate company
    2. Search by location 
    3. Apply to position 
  • Options
    rushrush Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited July 2020
    Hello guys, new here and to the infosec field. I am currently living in Kuwait (us citizen) and looking for positions in the infosec field. I see a lot of positions for Vectrus, and I'm not sure of the process if I'm already overseas but without a clearance.

Anyone can offer any advice or input?

Much appreciated!
  • Options
    masterbatenmasterbaten Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Recently applied to a few positions with Vectrus strongly considering taking a gig in Kuwait if the money is right
  • Options
    rush said:
    Hello guys, new here and to the infosec field. I am currently living in Kuwait (us citizen) and looking for positions in the infosec field. I see a lot of positions for Vectrus, and I'm not sure of the process if I'm already overseas but without a clearance.

Anyone can offer any advice or input?

Much appreciated!
    Don't get your hopes up .... It is cheaper to get someone with a clearance and ship them to Kuwait . Even with all of the covid issues going on.  I can take someone with limited INFOSEC skills and train them up... the clearance is what matters . 

So who are you working for now / what do you do?  Are you  relaxing as a dependent? 
  • Options
    Unfortunate to hear. I’m working as a product developer currently. But getting my sec+ In hopes to enter the field 
  • Options
    rush said:
    Unfortunate to hear. I’m working as a product developer currently. But getting my sec+ In hopes to enter the field 
    I  would focus on a local  company  in the region.  They might let you in doing some security work , but getting on a base might be a hard sell. 
  • Options
    You think maybe it’s better going back to the states and applying from there? Or that’ll be moving backwards?
  • Options
    BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rush said:
    You think maybe it’s better going back to the states and applying from there? Or that’ll be moving backwards?
    If you have a job right now keep doing that because none of us can even get into Kuwait.  Been stuck since like April in hurry up and wait -_- Lost my regular job here too because of Covid. World is on hold right now unfortunately and things are trending worse here stateside.
  • Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rush said:
    Just be sure you have the minimum DoD 8570 certifications (Baseline & CE). Baseline being at least 1 required CompTIA cert and CE Cert for operating system. You typically need that before they will even consider you in most cases.
  • Options
    rush said:
    Naw, stay where you are, they will like you know what what's needed. Depending on the company and the specific job you may be required to go stateside for CRC but that's been closed for contractors since 03/20, I was in the last CRC cycle and covid-19 prevented everyone from deploying. Our companies sent us back to our HOR.
  • Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Been waiting since January, I was also in kuwait since June 2019 with another contract of last year applied for a job for vectrus in December, came home to wait out my process been stuck here since March. With everything going on is pretty much a stand still. Who knows when things will be back to normal. Crc is close and not deploying to kuwait as of now. But still keeping a positive attitude through all of this. 
  • Options
    Hopefully with Kuwait airport opening on Aug 1st will bring some good news for us
  • Options
    Jr1984 said:
    Been waiting since January, I was also in kuwait since June 2019 with another contract of last year applied for a job for vectrus in December, came home to wait out my process been stuck here since March. With everything going on is pretty much a stand still. Who knows when things will be back to normal. Crc is close and not deploying to kuwait as of now. But still keeping a positive attitude through all of this. 

I'm in a similar situation as you. I left Afghanistan on Feb 2nd (vectrus) cameback stateside to go back thru CRC which I finished successfully (golden ticket) on Mar 20th. Waiting to be deployed to Kuwait with new company.
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    brambis said:

Just FYI, this is the list I received from Vectrus of suitable CE certs for Sys Admin. This doesn't seem to be from DOD's 8570 requirement which has like none of these. All of these are either already gone or will be in June.

* Microsoft: MCSA - Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2012
    * Microsoft: MCSA - Certified Solutions Associate Windows Server 2016
    * Microsoft: MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
    * Microsoft: MCSE - Private Cloud 2012
    * Microsoft: MCSE - Server Infrastructure 2012
    * Microsoft: MCSM - Certified Solutions Master (Any)
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Architect
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Master
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Administrator
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Administrator: Security
    * Microsoft: MCT - Certified Systems Engineer
    DOD's 8570 requirement is only for Baseline, they dont care about CE. The CE is based on the contract with Vectrus and the government.
    This is incorrect Vectrus has nothing to do with setting CE certifications the governing body of USFOR-A puts out what is acceptable for CE certs
  • Options
    rush said:
    You think maybe it’s better going back to the states and applying from there? Or that’ll be moving backwards

you will have to go back to the states regardless to process through CRC
  • Options
    isiac316 said:
    Hopefully with Kuwait airport opening on Aug 1st will bring some good news for us
    Kuwait airport has nothing to do with deploying as you dont fly commercial to Kuwait
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    isiac316 said:
    Kuwait airport has nothing to do with deploying as you dont fly commercial to Kuwait
    You  can get a CIV air waver and easily fly out to Kuwait  from CRC. However, your company is on the hook for the flight ticket 
  • Options
    WarkadabgWarkadabg Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□

Yesterday Kuwait announced a list containing only 20 countries are good to go to start international flights but US is not included, maybe they will announce many more countries later. 

• Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is my understanding that it is less "countries not allowing international travel" and more "CRC is shut down for contractors, specifically." It is true that you can leave CRC with your golden ticket and get permission to take a commercial flight instead of using MilAir. In this case, yes, international travel bans would be a hindrance. However, the bottleneck is CRC being closed to contractors and there is no current timeline that I am aware of on when it will be open. I also have not gotten specific information about how quarantining will be handled but I think it is safe to assume that CRC is going to be at least a 2-week process now.
  • Options
    troverdan55troverdan55 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is my understanding that it is less "countries not allowing international travel" and more "CRC is shut down for contractors, specifically." It is true that you can leave CRC with your golden ticket and get permission to take a commercial flight instead of using MilAir. In this case, yes, international travel bans would be a hindrance. However, the bottleneck is CRC being closed to contractors and there is no current timeline that I am aware of on when it will be open. I also have not gotten specific information about how quarantining will be handled but I think it is safe to assume that CRC is going to be at least a 2-week process now.
    Per Fort Bliss website:
    "ALERT 2: CRC processing is now a 14 day event that includes a quarantine period. Cycles will start on a 2 week schedule - 9 MAY, 23 MAY, 6 JUN, 20 JUN, 4 JUL, etc. Personnel should get with their Army Service Component Commands(ASCC) for reservation guidance. CRC is currently not receiving any contractors for the CENTCOM AOR due to the Kuwait government shutdown."

https://home.army.mil/bliss/index.php/units-tenants/crc 
  • Options
    Kuwait has opened international flights, does anyone have any update on the CRC this week?

• Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Warkadabg said:
    Kuwait has opened international flights, does anyone have any update on the CRC this week?

I doubt anything is going to happen quickly. I know active duty people who've been stuck in places like Afghanistan for now 2-3 extra months waiting on clearance to move again. There's going to be a huge backlog of military movements and those usually get preference and contractors are near the bottom of the totem if I remember correctly. Contractors are probably looking at least another month before we're able to deploy but hopefully I'm wrong. 
  • Options
    You are right when we think from global perspective, but I believe it won't be difficult to charter a plane from here to Kuwait. Hopefully we will hear an update this week from CRC.  Kuwait government offices are open now after the bug Eid celebration ended yesterday.