Options

Is CompTIA still concerned about braindumps?

walterbyrdwalterbyrd Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
CompTIA certainly used to care about braindumps. They would go crazy about it.

But today, there are websites that give away braindump PDFs for free. These sites have been around for years. Out of curiosity, I did a whois on such a website. To my surprise, the domain information is not even hidden. The full address, and phone number, is given, and it's in the USA. These braindump PDFs are also sold on ebay for $5. Other websites post the QnA online and allow you take a practice exam. If you can remember about 5 exact words, in sequence, from a CompTIA exam you took recently, google it, I'll bet you find the QnA online.

It is my understanding that Sybex practice exam books give exact questions, exact answers, and full explanations to the questions that are on the exam.

I studied hard for my certs. Now CompTIA seems unconcerned with braindumps being distributed everywhere.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□

It is my understanding that Sybex practice exam books give exact questions, exact answers, and full explanations to the questions that are on the exam. 

I think CompTIA does care, and I think that's part of why they've added performance based questions.    

That is NOT my understanding of Sybex books.  I've used Sybex to study for several certs over the years and I have never felt like they mirrored the exams.  In a couple of cases I thought just the opposite, that they didn't provide the right kind of information to get me even in the ballpark.  Others have been much closer.  But never exact.  

What Sybex and others do usually say is that they cover 100% of the exam objectives.  That's not near the same thing as providing actual test questions.  
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    All of those off-shore **** sites are selling phony info and retired exam items that were dumped long ago. Some of them are also collecting payment card info too.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited July 2020

Now CompTIA seems unconcerned with braindumps being distributed everywhere.
    What gives you the impression that CompTIA is unconcerned? And what makes you pick on CompTIA when d*mps are out there for many vendor exams (i.e. Cisco, Microsoft, etc)? I am sure all content owners try their best to prevent their exact exam questions from leaking, but there are other people trying equally as hard (probably even harder) to steal that information. Also, what is your proposal? Should CompTIA update their exams every month?

I have used Sybex material to prepare for (ISC)2 exams and they did not provide exact QAEs from the exam. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    walterbyrdwalterbyrd Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing those beta exams, you are doing better than I am at that.
  • Options
    charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That’s actually pretty ingenious on taking those beta exams. 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That’s actually pretty ingenious on taking those beta exams. 
    Definitely is a "money saver"
    CompTIA - free or 50$
    F5 - extra normal exam for free
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore