trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
CV1-003: CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Beta Exam is available
Exams starting from 14 July
I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

Tagged:

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I might have to jump on this one. Thank you for sharing.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • AverageJoeAverageJoe Member Posts: 316 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting! 

I'm not particularly interested in Cloud+ for the normal $329 price, but for $50 I'll give it a whirl.  I scheduled for a September exam since I'm pretty tied up in the short term, but I may move it up if I can squeeze in some quality study time sooner.  
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited June 2020
    I just signed up for the CV1-003 Cloud+ beta exam using the CompTIA dashboard on pearsonvue.com. Search for "CV1-003" in the dashboard to easily find the sign-up link. My local testing center has dates from late August to early October. I'm down for September 29th. 

Does anyone have the link to the PDF of the CV1-003 exam objectives? I don't even see a press release announcing this beta on comptia.org. 

• trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    I don't even see a press release announcing this beta on comptia.org. 

This mean I'm quicker then CompTIA ;)

• SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Signed up for October 4th. Hoping to see the exam objectives soon as well. Hoping I can make this the first beta exam I pass.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just received an email for this today and signed up. Have been meaning to take this and the timing is perfect. 

As a CompTIA certified IT Pro, we want to invite you to take the newest Cloud+ exam before it is available to the public.

The new CompTIA Cloud+ (CV1-003) covers new concepts in cloud computing, while increasing the importance of cloud security. Concepts covered on the exam include:

• Cloud architecture and design
    • Securing the cloud
    • Automation and virtualization
    • Optimization of cloud environments
    • Disaster recovery
    • High-availability

CompTIA offers online testing!

You can take the Cloud+ beta exam from the safety and comfort of your home!

Recommended experience level for Cloud+ beta exam takers:

• At least 2-3 years of work experience in IT systems administration or IT networking.
    • And/or CompTIA certified professionals with Network+ and Server+ certifications or equivalent knowledge.

Take advantage of this opportunity to get Cloud+ certified* for only $50.

Register today. The beta exam closes on October 6, 2020.

Please note, you must log in to register.

*Please note: CompTIA Cloud+ beta results will not be sent to candidates until the final exam launches in May 2021.

Beta Exam Details:

• Exam Name: CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Beta Exam
    • Exam Code: CV1-003
    • Length of Exam: 165 minutes
    • Number of Questions: Maximum of 110 items
    • Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
    • Launch date: July 14, 2020
    • Exam price: $50
    • Availability:  Global
    • Language:  English only
    • Exam Objectives: Access Exam Objectives Now
    edited July 2020
    And this just appeared today on the CompTIA blog: The New CompTIA Cloud+: Keeping the Cloud Secure and Available

You can download the CV0-002 exam objectives here and the CV1-003 exam objectives here.
    "*Please note: CompTIA Cloud+ beta results will not be sent to candidates until the final exam launches in May 2021."
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I sat this exam 2 days ago. First time in my CompTIA beta exams experience I'm really disappointed. Quality of some questions and labs (especially) below their normal standards 

• FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited August 2020

I sat the beta test this morning, using the new online, at-home testing provided by PearsonVue. Generally speaking I had the experiences as outlined in the big Reddit thread.

Most importantly, on MacOS the drag-n-drop on PBQs is really slow. You have to click and hold for three seconds before dragging something. Aside from that the experience was pleasurable and it all worked well enough.

I'm not as enthused about the Cloud+ beta as I was about Linux+ and PenTest+ at the time. The questions seemed very repetitive, sometimes very predictable (if "containers" was an option, two out of three times it'd be the correct answer) and some just unimaginative (just throw four abbreviations or acronyms at the test-taker, two or three of which are clearly unrelated). Knowing CompTIA I assume there will be plenty of fine-tuning happening in the next few months.

I'm pretty sure I didn't pass this one, but I'm happy to have had the chance to take a look :) I went in blind, without looking at the objectives or doing any studying. As @AverageJoe said: I'm don't have much interest in the cert, but I'm happy to give it a $50 shot, out of curiosity.

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I took this exam last Friday. Like many, it was a $50 gamble for a certification.

I skimmed the McGraw Hill textbook and watched the Live Lesson videos on O’Reilly. It was more than 100 multiple choice questions. There were about two “simulations.” They mainly dealt with networking and ports and protocols.

Many of the topics were broad, related to virtualization, RAID, server resources, generic cloud terms, networking, and containers. There weren’t any questions on AWS, Azure, Alibaba, or Google Compute. 

I’m sure the final exam will be scaled down in the number of questions. Hopefully, they correct some of the typos. It’s not a bad intro to Cloud Computing. However, there are free or limited AZ900 and AWS Cloud Practitioner courses that would probably be better.
    There weren’t any questions on AWS, Azure, Alibaba, or Google Compute. 

CompTIA certs do not typically include information related to specific technology vendors. There is enough generic system, networking, and Cloud info available to make a family of vendor-independent Cloud certs.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I signed up for the exam in October. $50 for an exam..small potatoes! 
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    JDMurray said:
    There weren’t any questions on AWS, Azure, Alibaba, or Google Compute. 

CompTIA certs do not typically include information related to specific technology vendors. There is enough generic system, networking, and Cloud info available to make a family of vendor-independent Cloud certs.

^^^I agree. This is definitely basic cloud computing fundamentals since it can’t get into specific cloud services and features. 

Just started AWS Cloud Practitioner. Definitely the tip of the ice berg.

But for those who have taken the exam, we’re all playing the waiting game.
    Are there good exam questions to use? I bought the cvo-002 book from comptia, but it does not have any exam questions to practice on. 
    I am using this practice exam book on O'Reilly's pay-to-access site:

thanks..i am unable to buy it though..odd.

edited September 2020
    I just finished taking the Cloud+ beta exam (CV0-003). Two troubleshooting sims to start followed by 108 items. The content was very true to the objectives. It was evident that it was a beta because of several items being basically identical with their stems worded different ways. Although there was a lot of basic content, I would put this exam at a mid-level of difficulty as many of the "+" exams are now.

I am quite sure that I didn't pass, but I do hope that CompTIA does get some value of my contribution to their Cloud+ beta. :)

I prepped for this beta by reading through the CV0-003 objectives and noting the topics I did not know well (e.g., VXLAN/GENEVE, blue-green, auto-scaling vs Cloud-bursting) and Googling them. I thumbed through some NIST Cloud docs and also worked through some of the Daniel Lachance CV0-002 practice exam material. If I could go back in time and change anything, I would review more network architecture and troubleshooting from a Cloud access, performance, and interconnectivity perspective.

All that being said, I really did not put a great deal of effort in studying for this exam. I used it to get my brain thinking deeply about Cloud again and as a prep for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam that I will be taking in next month--which I plan on passing.

Oh, shout-out to 999 TESTING CENTER in Huntington Beach, CA. It's a very nice little place hidden upstairs in a professional building. (Enter from Warner, not Cyprus, and drive thru to parking in back.) Very professional with rigorous sanitary procedures. (It's a new level of difficulty taking an exam while wearing a mask that fogs up your glasses.) The A/C is on high, so bring a jacket if you get cold.
    ^^^Maybe you passed. Let’s just wait for the results. I wish you well on the AWS CCP. I took it recently and it’s not as bad in technical details to Cloud+. It’s mainly terminology and AWS services.
    ^^^Maybe you passed.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but if the sims are a significant part of the grade then I know I didn't pass. By the time the beta scores are released (May 2021) I'll have one or two more Cloud certs on my wall anyway.
    thanks for the head ups about the Lachance book. amazing exam questions. I tried udemy and that was kinda below par and so many grammar mistakes. Some questions are hard to understand what the heck they want. 
    Yes, Lachance writes very good teaching questions that explain why the correct answer (key) is correct and why the incorrect answers (distractors) are wrong. 
    Just got back. Not happy..as per usual for certification exams..questions were vague and the sims were head scratchers.  :#
  • TheWeathermanTheWeatherman Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sat this exam this morning and I have to agree with you on the labs portion. I also got lucky with 110 questions.
    Same, 110 questions..