FAIL!!!!! 70-411 UGH....

Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am so lost for words!!!! I can't believe how many times I have tried to pass this exam and I can't. I get close then move back then close again. 
I'm at a loss here. I spent money left and right trying to get this cert. I don't know if the pressure during the exam that I blank out. That's how I felt today when reading questions. I felt like a second question myself on answers.  Now that I used my last voucher I have to pay again if I want to continue on this cert!!!!! 

Asking my wife for money right now again is going to be hard with all this cov things going on. I know if I do pass the exam work will pay for it but if I don't like the many times I tried I lost that money. I'm good what I do hand down but reading and taking an exam I want to say is one of my most weakens thing even if I know the answer. I guess for today I'm going to relax and see what I'm going to do. Still haven't told my wife I failed.  GOD, I'm sooo upset with myself on this one. I really thought I was going to pass it this time after studying and going over my material. Really bits!!!!!!

Only if I had a super brain or something to get over this cert!!!! 
2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
2021 - *Security+*
2022 - * Pen Tester*

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the fail, it happens to everyone and can be tough to take. Have you tried any 3rd party practice exams? Have you reviewed your weak areas against your score report(s)?
    Have you given thought to how you can best approach MS test taking, that you eliminate the obvious wrong answers, go with the Microsoft "best answer", etc?
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can understand the frustration.  Failure sometimes does happen in tests even if you  are qualified and skilled enough. Don't be hard on yourself and move on, take some break. 
    I will suggest look for some mentor online, they will be able to analyse where you are going wrong, TechExams  also have lot of  members who are experts, they will definitely help you.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the feedback. After taking a day of not thinking about it and telling the wife. At this point I started to review the areas I was weak. I think it's taking the exam and reading the questions correctly that is screwing me up. I'm trying to figure out how I could relax during the exam and not have brain frog.  Taking exams has always been my weak point.  I think I just have to work on that and not freak out so much. Wanting to pass the cert I think is putting pressure on me. Plus knowing that this cert will be over next year doesn't help. Once I pass this exam I have to get on studying for 412 one. 

@itdept you talked about the 3rd part practice exam. Would you have some suggestions? 

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    Hi Louie, I could not give you an exact one to try. I gave up on MS exams when I got smashed with arcane Powershell knowledge for the 410. Try looking on udemy, search for exam title and read the reviews. Don't pay anything more than $10.

I don't think too many people would agree with me on this one but I have a wine or two followed by a good whiz before I do an exam. It helps to settle me just a touch. It takes off the edge but I am still sharp enough to focus. I keep this as a ritual unless I have to do a morning exam / work.
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The biggest problem most of my past students and employees have had in passing MS exams was that they go back over every question.  They edge themselves out.  What was your score?  If you give that it could help us a little.  And a break down of your pain points.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
    Well, the last two scores have been 670  and more recent one 634... Don't know I went down. it's so frustrating that I can't pass this dammm exam.  

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    The webpage for 70-411 has this

Skills measured

• Deploy, Manage, and Maintain Servers
    • Configure File and Print Services
    • Configure Network Services and Access
    • Configure a Network Policy Server Infrastructure
    • Configure and Manage Active Directory
    • Configure and Manage Group Policy
    Your score report should have a breakdown on what you got for each section.
    Are you learning by book, video, practical or all of these?
    Again, knowing why an answer is wrong is half the challenge to answering a question

At the moment I'm watching videos and reading some ebooks. I have a lab that I built form 70-410. 
    Would any of you know a good site to purchase a new voucher with an extra free retake? I notice there one but it's 223 dollars. 
    Any kind of discount would be awesome. 

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
    You need to lab your learning! If ebooks and videos are not doing it for, you have to practice tasks or try a different approach. I can't speak for 70-411 but Microsoft always seemed to want to test you by asking, "what is on this screen or what Powershell command and or flag combination will do this.
    Don't bother worrying about a voucher with a retake. Go drop $13 on some well reviewed Udemy practice exams and get the knowledge locked in.
    All the best!
    Well I just had enough to schedule my exam once again. This time made it a little later in the morning on Sat Aug 8. Most of the time I would do it earlier but don't know if I had enough time to wake up. Wish me luck will have to study and do my labs. 

My Goal for the Future
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*