Pentester Academy

UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
So I signed up for Pentester academy

I'm going through some of the videos (slowly).

I want to know how did you use Pentester academy? did you view the videos first then went to the attackdefense labs? or did you just use the labs? The labs don't seem to correlate directly to the vidoes / they seem to be independent products. Great products nonethelss

just curious to see how people usually use it?

Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AttackDefense labs has independent labs and labs for video courses. Towards the bottom there is a section called PA COURSE LABS. It is not for every course but they are trying to build that section. 

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Thanks Chrisone, what do you think of the courses they have? The webapp course and network pentesting course? they look good, they're just videos though
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have completed a few of their courses;
    • The red team and active directory courses (both amazing courses), but those do not have labs in attack defense. You have to buy lab time which is a full blown AD environment, so that is understandable. 
    • The Javascript for PenTesters when I was studying for AWAE, I went through the entire course but only really understood half. The labs were on point for every topic. I was just not familiar with javascript to pick it up easily, as they assume you have the basics of javascript. 
    • I have done half of the x86 ASM and shellcoding course (SLAE32). That one is very good and its always the go to prep course for people pursuing OSCE. 
    The web app pentesting, pentesting challenges, and WAP challenges labs look good. Eventually when I finish certs I want to maintain and practice my skills using pentester academy's attack defense labs. There is definitely a lot to do within attack defense labs. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX