Az path completed

trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□

I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice work! I have my AZ-500 exam this Monday. I am shooting for MS-500 sometime in September too. 

What did you use for prep? So far I have found measureup virtual labs invaluable! For MS-500 you can get a 90 day E5 license trail for your studying if anyone wants to pursue the O365 side. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chrisone said:

What did you use for prep? 

Just all the path in Microsoft learning. All the labs, etc. And of course I month free access to Azure for labs.

• jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you got all those in a month, then you must be an amazing cloud engineer
    If you got all those in a month, then you must be an amazing cloud engineer
    of course not. Last 3 months but study since Nov last year

I am not validating or invalidating anyone's journey, but I will shed some experience just for extra data/info. 

Azure/O365 experience - 1.5 years
    Work full-time, Blue Team with a little Red Team.

From my AZ-500 studies which started back in Nov as well, with the Skillpipe AZ-500 Azure Security Technologies - live instructor virtual course. I can tell you that at least perhaps 40% of AZ-104 is covered in AZ-500. I also had plans to probably just jump straight into AZ-104 with the idea of completing AZ-104 within 6-8 weeks. I could also see someone getting AZ-104 done within 4-6 weeks too. But I am not really interested in AZ-104 right now, maybe next year if I get bored I could spend 6 weeks or less to work on that cert.  

Now interestingly, MS-500 covers about a good 25% of AZ-500. I was trying to take AZ-500 last week but they did not have the scheduled times I wanted. My idea was to get MS-500 within 6 weeks from AZ-500. So far I have finished the Microsoft ms-500 online courses, started the udemy course by John Christopher "MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Administration Lectures & Labs" , I have my 90 day trail for E5, I also have about 1.5 years experience working with O365. I am starting to think I can probably get MS-500 in the last week of August.

Of course all my plans are ruined if I fail AZ-500 on Monday. If so I will spend another 2 weeks doing labs and practice questions and MS-500 would be pushed back to late September realistically. 

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    If you check Admin vs Sec vs Arch path - they have a lot of similar. So its easy to move between them.

Yes agreed, there is a lot of overlap between az-104, az-500,az-204, az-300,az-301
  • deitz11deitz11 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2020
    Hi @trojin Congratulations!, I'm pursuing similar path as yours and now in the midst of pursuing AZ500 and exam is coming, but I feel lacking on Exam Practice Q&A, do you have any recommendation?
    edited August 2020
    deitz11 said:
    Hi @trojin Congratulations!, I'm pursuing similar path as yours and now in the midst of pursuing AZ500 and exam is coming, but I feel lacking on Exam Practice Q&A, do you have any recommendation?
    Use the free time when do labs from Microsoft path. Each day you can run 10 labs, so do each lab few time, until you feel comfortable.
    They are using policies so you cannot create resources out of lab scope, but usually you can  create number of similar resources.

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck today @chrisone
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • deitz11deitz11 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited August 2020
    Wait..........these certs have expiry dates now!?!?!!?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

valid till 2022

Wait..........these certs have expiry dates now!?!?!!?
    Yeah, its kinda weak that its only a 2 year cert. 

https://trainingsupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mcp/forum/all/does-microsoft-certified-azure-fundamentals-has-an/3cddeab6-5400-4cc9-b449-3915533aa838
    edited August 2020
    Good luck today @chrisone
    Thanks, but I failed today :disappointed:

Exam changed on the 29th and I saw so many new questions about Sentinel. Got a 630/700 , None of my materials covered this stuff. I should have taken the exam before the change :neutral:
    I will probably wait another 2-3 months, study as I can, but truthfully I wont be pushing this one. I rarely touch anything azure related. I was only trying to expand my cloud skillset and future proof my career. We will see come Oct, but I am shifting gears to Threat Hunting Professional v2 and will study AZ-500 in between.

Looks like my plans got derailed lol pushing ms-500 for sometime next year now.