Options

Failed JNCIA JN0-102

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
Failed this exam last week

under prepared will try and take it again in a week or two after i study up on the topic i struggled on.

I was quiet surprised at the questions i received tbh, i wasn't expecting some of the Juniper specific questions based on various models they have. 

Also id guesstimate 20 of my 65 questions were route filter/firewall/access filter based questions. I knew i would be weak in that area and thats where i got hit hard routing policy/firewall filters 29%

the rest were all highs 60s to high 80s% 

I think also i will make one comment regarding the screen(monitor) it was like 18inch square, and anyone who has taken these type of exams knows 2 screens would be ideal. The questions were quiet long winded, and the answers too. So when you open the the exhibit that you have see whats wrong in the output etc it pops up over the question and answers, so youre constantly opening and closing it to verify against the answers to choose from, this was very hard for me i would much prefer to be able to keep the output exhibit open whilst i go down through whats asked of me.

But nevertheless i was under prepped no two ways about it, i will be prepped next time :D

Comments

• Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Testing centers, particularly pearson are notorious for having crappy monitors and small desks. I know, I've taken 4 tests through them. 

That aside, I know you'll get it the 2nd time around especially now that you know what you need to study on, so just look up the material and crack down on it, and then go kill the exam. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Options
    yeah hopefully i do :D 

by the way i failed it by 2%! arghhh lol
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yeah Juniper certs are much different, they dont have clear enough documentation on a lot of the information so you end up searching multiple KBs. You'll do better next time now that your familiar with the types of questions they ask.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Turn that 2% difference into motivation. Fingers crossed for 2nd attempt.
  • Options
    just an update i resat last week and passed JN0 103

86%  i sat it from home - i think was better especially as i have good size monitor , was able to pull things to one side while comparing outputs/questions.

Any one else sat online before ? usually at end of exam you get a print out score report (where u done ok % etc) i didn't receive this, but remember at the end of exam it popped up on screen maybe i missed print out option. i wonder can i ask for this ? i like having them.
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can print score from PearsonVue website
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Hey @trojin

Thanks i have found it now appreciated
  • Options
    MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats @Mr.Robot255  how was the exam?  Didn't realize they released a new version.  
  • Options
    @MitM i found most of it pretty straight forward. I didnt seem to have as many filters/rules to disect as i did in my frist attempt. Sods law cos thats where i put all my focus on the second attempt.

I used the junos genius (juniper site) for study and did the practice tests on there and got the free exam coupon - i dont think there was on question that really had me confused - but i did get some wrong as i got 86% 

Section Analysis Percent Correct
    Junos OS Fundamentals 80%
    User Interfaces 100%
    Configuration Basics
    Operational Monitoring and Maintenance
    Routing Fundamentals
    Routing Policy and Firewall Filters
    100%
    80%
    82%
    78%

• Options
    @Mr.Robot255  cool thanks.  Juniper's free training is good to see, especially with the exam voucher.  I don't use juniper currently, but I still may do it one day.  JNCIA-Cloud maybe too
  • Options
    Yeah im at a crossroads - where i have a few associate level certs, ccna jncia comptias.
    So i want to make the leap to professional level ccnp or jncip etc but im also really interested in wireless technology (core ISP links etc as apposed to wifi)  so im debating what way to go.

Also Cloud seems to be really in demand and i have no training in that .............ahhh the hard choices ha
  • Options
    Yeah im at a crossroads - where i have a few associate level certs, ccna jncia comptias.
    So i want to make the leap to professional level ccnp or jncip etc but im also really interested in wireless technology (core ISP links etc as apposed to wifi)  so im debating what way to go.

Also Cloud seems to be really in demand and i have no training in that .............ahhh the hard choices ha
    so much to know man.. core r/s at a professional is always helpful
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! The first one is always the most nerve racking. :)
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP