Job Search Since the Covid Outbreak??

techie2018techie2018 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
I haven't started looking for a job since the Covid Outbreak/Shutdown in March. However that is about to change as I will again be looking a for new job. How has the job search been since the Covid outbreak in March? Has it been a lot harder to find a new job?

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It would probably be more difficult. More layoffs mean more people looking for work.
    What area of IT are you in? what part of the world do you live in? These will also play a role for job hunting
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    In addition to what itdept asked, what specific skills do you have? What certs do you have?

Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I assume that you have a page on LinkedIn and your resume on Monster, Dice, Indeed, etc? Are you getting any hits from recruiters?
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited August 2020
    itdept said:
    It would probably be more difficult. More layoffs mean more people looking for work.
    What area of IT are you in? what part of the world do you live in? These will also play a role for job hunting
    100% correct.  

@OP I would agree with most, that the market is more compressed, less companies are hiring at least that was the case a few weeks back and like itdept stated, more people looking for jobs.  

It really depends on what your skills are and the market you are in.  The people who have been hit the hardest from my perspective are the sales folks.  Such as engineers, RFP etc..  Anyone supporting the sales funnel from a tech role.  Again just my perspective.  
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This thread inspired me to check out Dice and noticed the limited jobs available compared to months ago and also noticed how many jobs are now 100% remote.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yes, many businesses will hire replacement workers for back-fill positions, but the COVID-19 and US presidential election have caused so much uncertainty that businesses are hesitant to expand in 2020.