Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    troverdan55troverdan55 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2020
    Warkadabg said:
    You are right when we think from global perspective, but I believe it won't be difficult to charter a plane from here to Kuwait. Hopefully we will hear an update this week from CRC.  Kuwait government offices are open now after the bug Eid celebration ended yesterday. 
    Hopefully we hear something soon, reached out to my recruiter today still no update on when CRC will reopen.
  • Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone heard anything regarding CRC
  • Options
    isiac316 said:
    Has anyone heard anything regarding CRC
    Haven't heard any updates, hopefully we hear something soon.
  • Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I called CRC at Ft. Bliss. They said they have resumed processing contractors. However, they said there is a new invitation process and likely that those being invited are most critically needed of those who are in the backlog. So it seems there is progress but there's a long line to get into the club. They also gave me information about the quality of life while there. The first week is, basically, nothing at all. Just sit and wait out the first week of quarantine. The second week is business as usual. The CRC area is fenced off to maintain quarantine and you can only leave for training, medical, and the DFAC for breakfast and lunch. (They specifically only said breakfast and lunch, but I did not ask the follow-up about dinner so I am unsure about that). I'm not sure how wide the perimeter is but I would imagine it's the housing buildings, the exercise area, and maybe all the way to the DFAC but I'm not sure how they would manage that. The good news is that the PX and restaurants at Freedom Crossing deliver to the CRC quarantine, so we can get snacks, dinner, and whatever else we need. No booze, though. We will also have access to a grilling area. so that may pass some time. Bring cards, board games, game consoles, etc. Again, this is what I heard from someone at Ft. Bliss. I may have misunderstood any or all of what I have said as this was not an official statement. I would recommend calling for yourself to get some answers.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I called CRC at Ft. Bliss. They said they have resumed processing contractors. However, they said there is a new invitation process and likely that those being invited are most critically needed of those who are in the backlog. So it seems there is progress but there's a long line to get into the club. They also gave me information about the quality of life while there. The first week is, basically, nothing at all. Just sit and wait out the first week of quarantine. The second week is business as usual. The CRC area is fenced off to maintain quarantine and you can only leave for training, medical, and the DFAC for breakfast and lunch. (They specifically only said breakfast and lunch, but I did not ask the follow-up about dinner so I am unsure about that). I'm not sure how wide the perimeter is but I would imagine it's the housing buildings, the exercise area, and maybe all the way to the DFAC but I'm not sure how they would manage that. The good news is that the PX and restaurants at Freedom Crossing deliver to the CRC quarantine, so we can get snacks, dinner, and whatever else we need. No booze, though. We will also have access to a grilling area. so that may pass some time. Bring cards, board games, game consoles, etc. Again, this is what I heard from someone at Ft. Bliss. I may have misunderstood any or all of what I have said as this was not an official statement. I would recommend calling for yourself to get some answers.
    That is good news, at least there is some type of movement. Has your recruiter reach out to you yet to give you any kind of time line?
  • Options
    Negative, Troverdan. Just more Hurry up and wait. But as you said, at least there's movement.
  • Options
    Its coming guys we just gotta continue to remain patient 
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Visit visa information for Kuwait .   

https://www.arabtimesonline.com/news/tag/visit-visa/

just in case anyone is wondering 
  • Options
    vectwannabevectwannabe Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is anyone waiting to deploy for an Information Assurance Analyst in Afghanistan? 
  • Options
    Is anyone waiting to deploy for an Information Assurance Analyst in Afghanistan? 
    I am.
  • Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Questions vectrus updated their website this week is everyone information still there ? Mines has completed dissappear 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jr1984 said:
    Questions vectrus updated their website this week is everyone information still there ? Mines has completed dissappear 
    Weird, I had to do a password reset to get in and my onboarding stuff is gone but they did retain my personal information from the previous system
  • Options
    brambis said:
    Jr1984 said:
    Weird, I had to do a password reset to get in and my onboarding stuff is gone but they did retain my personal information from the previous system
    I sent an email to them I had a feeling this was going to happen. I wonder if we have to reapply for the positions we got offers from ?
  • Options
    Jr1984 said:
    brambis said:
    Jr1984 said:
    I sent an email to them I had a feeling this was going to happen. I wonder if we have to reapply for the positions we got offers from ?

I likely would have to choose another job anyway because I've been in the recruitment process for almost a year now waiting on my clearance to come back. I used to check back periodically just to make sure my onboarding stuff was still there so yeah this is kinda worrying. Please do let us know what you find out though.
  • Options
    Will do i email a few people will post response 
  • Options
    cool311cool311 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    cool311 said:
    Just finished my medical last week. I have not heard anything back, does this mean something is wrong? I done with my clearance, passport, and certification renewal.
    what can I expect next?
    It takes them time, also keep in mind of the covid-19 situation. Have you tried to call them or sent a follow up email?

No, I was taking into account the covid-19 situation. I just figured I would give them some more time.

cool311 said:
    202 said:
    took about a week for me
    I was told I should hear something by the end of last week. Since I did not hear anything, it kind of made me think I failed my drug test or something was wrong with my blood work. Since the dentist and Physician both said I was good to go.
    Do you mind me asking when did you leave?

You have to keep in mind the reduction of services, CRC is shutdown or mission essential only. There are minimal to no military flights, there are no commercial flights at this time to Kuwait, or Afghanistan. We have employees stuck in the US because all routes are closed back in their respective countries or bases. The embassy put out a Closure of Afghanistan for 20 something days, it's safe to say we won't see anyone make it to at least Afghanistan until probably May, my best advice for anyone still working on the process is to do your due-diligence continue what ever your process of what you can and follow up until you get a yes or a no from the organization. If you're working remember not to quit your day job, if you're on administrative leave for your current position or not working, just sit tight and follow up. 

• Options
    cool311cool311 Member Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited August 2020
    I received an email within the last few weeks that explained. Something like over the next couple of weeks Vectrus will be switching to a new portal and during the migration blah blah blah.

Also my recruiter has kept me up to date periodically. Basically COVID has things on hold and if I still wanted the job it’s mine blah blah. 

We have to be patient if you already got through your Security Clearance find something temporary. We can see COVID is here to stay for awhile. We have to think about the fact that not to many companies and governments was prepared for a pandemic scenario. Even if military deploy a lot of contractors may still be on hold.

Trust me I have been patient I signed my contract in 2018. Just got clearance done in 2020.
  • Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea same, Vectrus switched portals but they said you will still be offered a position once COVID Passover but I’m thinking abt reapplying with other companies 
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldnt plan on coming to Afghanistan everything will be shut down by end of October
  • Options
    What makes you say that? May 2021 is the current everyone-gtfo date.
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    I wouldnt plan on coming to Afghanistan everything will be shut down by end of October

I don't think this is accurate. Latest word from the WH is that they may half the troops by November and the Pentagon is not even committing to that. I doubt it fully happens at all if Trump loses.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if anything has changed far as CRC and deployments
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    isiac316 said:
    Does anyone know if anything has changed far as CRC and deployments
    There are special waivers contractors can get (depends on how bad the company needs you out here.) I'd check with the organization you're going with to see if it's possible.
    V/R

• Options
    Those do exist, but I would not hold your breath. Again, individual experiences will vary, but I know someone who went through CRC this year and is currently in AFG. They are jumping into a new contract that has a stipulation that "all new hires much go through CRC". Despite having been through CRC less than a year ago, being in-theater, and the risks involved with travel and whatnot, no waiver was given. I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to add more information into the picture. I would again advise you to call Ft Bliss and speak to the cadre at CRC for more information.
  • Options
    Those do exist, but I would not hold your breath. Again, individual experiences will vary, but I know someone who went through CRC this year and is currently in AFG. They are jumping into a new contract that has a stipulation that "all new hires much go through CRC". Despite having been through CRC less than a year ago, being in-theater, and the risks involved with travel and whatnot, no waiver was given. I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to add more information into the picture. I would again advise you to call Ft Bliss and speak to the cadre at CRC for more information.
    This is solid advice, there is another contract trying to pick me up, but already being in country makes it easier. They've going to get a CRC waiver so I can just go to the base and start working, but we will see how it plays out. (didn't take the offer yet, asked a ton of questions in regards to the process of in country hires)
    V/R

• Options
    I read this interesting article today about Vectrus:
    https://www.govconwire.com/2020/08/vectrus-to-continue-army-comms-support-under-117m-contract-modification/

"Vectrus (NYSE: VEC) has been awarded a $116.8M U.S. Army contract modification to continue helping the service branch operate, maintain and secure base communications information systems."

"Work will take place at Army post offices in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Iraq, Jordan, Afghanistan and the United Arab Emirates through Feb. 28, 2021. The branch obligated nearly $74.M at the time of award from its fiscal 2020 operations and maintenance funds."
  • Options
    I read this interesting article today about Vectrus:
    https://www.govconwire.com/2020/08/vectrus-to-continue-army-comms-support-under-117m-contract-modification/

"Vectrus (NYSE: VEC) has been awarded a $116.8M U.S. Army contract modification to continue helping the service branch operate, maintain and secure base communications information systems."

"Work will take place at Army post offices in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Iraq, Jordan, Afghanistan and the United Arab Emirates through Feb. 28, 2021. The branch obligated nearly $74.M at the time of award from its fiscal 2020 operations and maintenance funds."
    This is just a 6 month contract extension on the existing contract that has been under rebid for almost 2 years.
    V/R

• Options
    Has anyone heard anything about when they are going to possibly start deploying contracters
  • Options
    brambis said:
    Jr1984 said:
    Had to re apply with their new system update received another offer letter had to do all the on boarding all over again
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    isiac316 said:
    Has anyone heard anything about when they are going to possibly start deploying contracters
    Current policy is that the 2 star has to sign off anyone new coming back into theater