Options

Microsoft AZ-104 Azure

AnceironAnceiron Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hoping to get some guidance here but would you think 2 months should be sufficient study time for the AZ-104 cert? Kinda pushing it, however deciding to follow training from AZ-900 to build a better foundation on Azure without writing the exam then straight into training for AZ-104.

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Should be sufficient time. I’d definitely recommend the self paced AZ900 and AZ104 on the Microsoft site. Then follow up with whatever measure you plan to be able to lab. 
  • Options
    Should be sufficient time. I’d definitely recommend the self paced AZ900 and AZ104 on the Microsoft site. Then follow up with whatever measure you plan to be able to lab. 

Thank you spiderjericho
  • Options
    Just make sure you lab.

Im scheduled to rematch the exam in the near future. Knowing where buttons or dials is a 104 I got you. If you can also get a solid practice test that might also help. I bought a cheap $9.99 from Udemy. The quality of the questions was lacking but the format was spot on.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited August 2020
    You can create an Azure account and request the free 30 day / $200 credit to work on labs. However if you already burned that, you can find real hands on labs at MeasueUP for $49. You can only do each lab topic twice and you are allotted  45 mins - 2 hrs for each respective topic depending on the difficulty. Its better than nothing and in any case, buy the labs again for another $49. That would give you a total of 4 labs attempts for each topic. You should have a decent grasp of how to do each lab after doing it 4 times I suppose. Heck buy a third lab license and go over everything a 5th and 6th time, your cost would still be at $150 for all that practice. Goodluck!

https://www.measureup.com/virtual-lab-az-104-microsoft-azure-administrator-series.html

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Just make sure you lab.

Im scheduled to rematch the exam in the near future. Knowing where buttons or dials is a 104 I got you. If you can also get a solid practice test that might also help. I bought a cheap $9.99 from Udemy. The quality of the questions was lacking but the format was spot on.

I assume you attempted the exam?
  • Options
    chrisone said:
    You can create an Azure account and request the free 30 day / $200 credit to work on labs. However if you already burned that, you can find real hands on labs at MeasueUP for $49. You can only do each lab topic twice and you are allotted  45 mins - 2 hrs for each respective topic depending on the difficulty. Its better than nothing and in any case, buy the labs again for another $49. That would give you a total of 4 labs attempts for each topic. You should have a decent grasp of how to do each lab after doing it 4 times I suppose. Heck buy a third lab license and go over everything a 5th and 6th time, your cost would still be at $150 for all that practice. Goodluck!

https://www.measureup.com/virtual-lab-az-104-microsoft-azure-administrator-series.html

Very right when you say LAB, do you think it would be cost effective to go over to pay-as-you-go account as alternate means?

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a pay as you go account. I honestly don't know enough about spinning up certain labs such as DBs, Key vaults, WebApps, etc for a few hours a day just to lab. I don't have the confidence in my own skills to understand how long and how much it would cost. I just wouldn't chance it. Trust me I was headed that route, but was more than relieved I found any type of "online" paid lab. I believe "Linux Academy" as well as their new purchase of "A Cloud Guru" has some types of labs but not a full blown lab where they cover all topics within the syllabus. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Anceiron said:
    I assume you attempted the exam?
    Yes, I did. Failed by like 3-4 questions. I took a course and data dumped afterward. Went into the exam too cold and not refreshing on the topics, etc. At the time, I had lab access. It’s expired since then.
  • Options
    chrisone said:

Very right when you say LAB, do you think it would be cost effective to go over to pay-as-you-use account

chrisone said:
    I have a pay as you go account. I honestly don't know enough about spinning up certain labs such as DBs, Key vaults, WebApps, etc for a few hours a day just to lab. I don't have the confidence in my own skills to understand how long and how much it would cost. I just wouldn't chance it. Trust me I was headed that route, but was more than relieved I found any type of "online" paid lab. I believe "Linux Academy" as well as their new purchase of "A Cloud Guru" has some types of labs but not a full blown lab where they cover all topics within the syllabus. 

Thank you very much for the advice, any suggestions on good training material, books and videos, besides Microsoft Learn and Udemy?