Will the OSCP open doors?

secureckbsecureckb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Have  the CISSP and want to move on to OSCP for getting into incident handling, threat analysis eventually...
Is this a good move?
thanks

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, I just got hired for a Senior Cyber Analyst job and one of the factors for my hire was the pentesting and red team certs/skills I had. The CISSP was a must and a deal breaker if I did not have it. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • secureckbsecureckb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    got it...waiting to register hoping to get somekind  of discount..:)
    Do you have prior experience with pentesting?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    very little....
    Have you practiced with any Vulnhub VMs, HackTheBox, TryHackMe, or Virtual Hacking Labs?
    absoluteyy... Pentester academy...cybrary... I dont think i will be at a loss of course and know the basics
    forgot Metasploit..Kali..:)...always wanting to learn and get better
    edited September 2020
    very cool, I was going to recommend VHL 3 month lab access $250 before jumping into PWK. It is very similar with 40+ hosts and course materials are very excellent. It doesn't cover BOF though, however everything else is solid. You can learn BOF when you get into PWK. 
    sir much thanks..i appreciate your input.  I had  a subscrip to Pen tester academy starts yestetray and some of the labs didnt work and for some reason, he cancelled my subscription even though i didnt request it..:).... too sensitive..:)