eLearnSecurity/INE Cyber Security Pass

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anybody else get emailed about this?

New annual subscription gives you access to all of their courses.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yes, I just got one at work and signed up for their "closed beta." It looks like INE teamed up with eLearn Security and is offering access to the Hera Lab virtual lab environment and a pen-testing learning path for the eJPT. Definitely worth a beta-test look!
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited September 2020
    It looks to me like eLearnSecurity is testing a business model where you pay an amount similar to the cost of one course, and you get unlimited access to any/all courses/labs for one year. EC-Council is doing something like this now (though their course content quality is infamously substandard).

I have initial mixed feelings about this, but I think it will ultimately end up a better deal all around. On the surface, I feel like the one distinct advantage in choosing eLearnSecurity over direct competitor Offensive Security is that eLearn has a better pricing model. For instance, for about $2000 you can take the eLearn PTP/eCPPT and have infinite course/lab access. For the same price, you get a mere 6-months access to the PWK/OSCP.

I can see how infinite is probably not the most sustainable business model, and furthermore, does anybody really need more than 1 year access to do one course? I still have lab hours in the ejPT course from 2016 that I haven't touched in years.

Offensive Security's new CEO from January last year has really been stirring things up over there and in a good way. Between all the course updates, acquiring VulnHub (to compete with HtB/TryHackMe, etc.), I can see how eLearn is probably concerned about adapting to stay competitive and make it mainstream. I think this will be good news for all of us.

This would also make it way easier for me to get my job to pay for a course, without having to justify why I need another lab extension. One year, one time and it's done.

A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray said:
    Yes, I just got one at work and signed up for their "closed beta." It looks like INE teamed up with eLearn Security and is offering access to the Hera Lab virtual lab environment and a pen-testing learning path for the eJPT. Definitely worth a beta-test look!

Is a cost associated with the beta trial?
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I registered for the beta too.  I am imagining exam will be billed separately.   Also, in 1 year, if well motivated, you can do more than 1 course. so it can be a very good deal. Subcribe 1-2 years and do every course in the curriculum. 

Also, I agree it would be easier to get budget approved for it. Begging a few $ for a lab extension is a PITA. 
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got an email too. I also signed up for the beta. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    tedjames said:

Is a cost associated with the beta trial?

Nope, just fill out a form. Here is the sign-up page.
  • secureckbsecureckb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i got an email from eLearn:  the certifications WILL BE separate cost.
    edited September 2020
    secureckb said:
    I think it is fine... pay 1500$/years(my guess).. get all content, then pay for each certification. That's fair business. 
    INE is the training provider and eLearnSecurity is the certification vendor. The beta test (free or discount) of training content is being offered by INE only.
    Kind of like a SANS/GIAC thing then. Wonder how much the exam attempts will be. Under $500 sounds reasonable and around $300 even better.
  • gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited September 2020
    secureckb said:

I registered for the beta too.  I am imagining exam will be billed separately.   Also, in 1 year, if well motivated, you can do more than 1 course. so it can be a very good deal. Subcribe 1-2 years and do every course in the curriculum. 

Also, I agree it would be easier to get budget approved for it. Begging a few $ for a lab extension is a PITA. 

Any idea, when beta would be live. I applied for beta and been checking mail after that daily.
    Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

i dont think anything yet..pretty early
    I signed up and received a note stating that they would be in touch toward the end of September, I believe around the 28th.
    edited October 2020
    I received an email yesterday stating that, although I didn't make the initial cut, I'm on their waiting list and that more slots may open. They said that if I'm selected, I'll have access to their "new" Penetration Testing Student learning path.

Edit: Right after posting, I received another email stating that I was accepted. The interface looks like a menu of courses, kind of like Cybrary, most of which are listed as "Coming soon."

Anybody else get in?

• ElitisElitis Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got in today too. Same email about not making the cut yesterday as well. On a side note: am I the only one who doesn't really like the "everything-as-a-service" trend? It's definitely a good thing for some things, but I prefer paying once for a product and owning it from then on.
    Nope, have not received any email regarding denial or acceptance. I signed up fairly early too. I guess they just pick at random?
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    I got in today as week. Dmitrios is one of the instructors 
    I guess they saw my profile and said "No this guy already owns more than half the library already." :lol:

chrisone said:
    I guess they saw my profile and said "No this guy already owns more than half the library already." :lol:

Actually no. They saw your certs and said this guy should be an instructor period. Lol.. they thought what are We gonna teach this guy??  For me, they saw my poor shmuck profile and they said I needed tons of help. Well they are right lol
    I would totally do this in January when the training budget opens back up.
    hahaha yeah right, teaching is a major skill on its own. I have zero experience in teaching :smile:

By the way what type of courses are available? 
    it looks like they have courses for PTP  ( didnt take this on reghilar site but it does look like it) plus 3 upcoming for Threat handling, not as intensive as the paid ones we are taking,  Also the regular cloud ones, like AWS, azure, etc but the Networking courses look very nice, like Cisco BGP, PA networks, CCNP and CCIE technologies
    i took some screenshots...sorry if it doesnt go through
    edited October 2020
    Hmmm the networking comes from the INE business side. So it seems like you guys got access to the INE subscription and they are placing the elearnsecurity courses their. 

Actually I have access to INE. I see all the stuff you guys are seeing. I still have like 1000 hrs of CCIE network credits. I wonder if they will let me trade those in for elearn courses :P 
    I started the beta earlier today. It is my first time with INE, the website is nice. I started a few clip from EJPT and since I have also the course from Elearnsecurity, I can compare.  I find it much nicer and professional than Elearnsecurity. 

I am waiting for the pricing, but if I follow the pricing of their other product, we could expect a 999$/year price tag for Cyber Security or 1500$ for all course. If I am right, I will jump on it.  As Covid-19 restrict my travel, I will have to take my next SANS class online, so it will spare enough money to pay for INE training on the same budget. 
    Yeah looking at all the "coming soon" courses I get the sense they are going to move everything over to the INE subscription portal.
    yes weird.I can get in but when I try to start a course, it says subscribe..:) oh well...im not going to spend too much time on that...have to focus now on the THP exams im taking now..:)
    You are doing the THP course or taking the exam right now? I am starting the eCTHPv2 exam in about 5 hrs once I am off work . 
    Just the course and then the exam maybe in a month or so. It’s an amazing course and plenry of opps outside world. 
    I forget if INE bought eLearn or the other way around a couple of years ago, and then nothing really happened. This is probably that thing happening.