Passed AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner

charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
With everything shifting to the cloud, my desire to understand the cloud grew. With all the hype behind AWS and Azure, I decided to look into this. The six Udemy practice tests was all I used to study. It's not a difficult exam, but you must understand AWS as a whole. I read up on the explanations provided in the practice test to reinforce what I've learned. However, the practice tests only cover about 80% of what's covered in the exam. I would strongly recommend reading the white papers provided. There were some services on the exam that weren't covered in the practice test.  For those interested in the online proctoring, I would recommend checking early. The process was a nightmare and it took a while to upload the photos to the proctor. It's time to focus on GPEN. 

Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE

Comments

• jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. What udemy prac tests did you use?
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look up AWS certified cloud practitioner six practice tests. 
  • RunningForwardRunningForward Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

This is one of the first certifications I am planning on completing to get my foot through the door for my IT career path.

If you have any other tips or tricks or advice let us know if you can! Thanks!! :)
  • RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing! I also have a number of more technical/security certifications in the form of GIAC and am also wanting to branch more into the cloud. I'm taking the CCP exam later this month and I'll definitely check out the Udemy practice tests!
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
    Oh wow! You have the GSE! I hope to one day challenge that exam along with the OSCP. 
    That's awesome to hear. I love those goals! Let met know if you ever want to chat more about the GSE when you start to go down that path.

Congratulations, again! And thanks for the info.

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
    Did you take the latest version with the vms or the older written exam? If I can get my work to pay for it then I certainly want to challenge the exam. 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    Did you take the latest version with the vms or the older written exam? If I can get my work to pay for it then I certainly want to challenge the exam. 
    Great question! I took the older version of the “written” exam, which did not include the VMs.  The “written” portion is challenging, but very doable.  The real kicker is the 2-day in-person hands-on exam!

Hey @charismaticx - just wanted to say that I passed the CCP yesterday.  Your Udemy practice test recommendations were a big help.  Cheers!

That’s awesome! Congrats.