Options

EvE Online

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
I've noticed that quite a few IT people play this and was wondering if any of our group here does?

Or do you play any other MMORGS?

(Just a conversation other than work for a friday afternoon :D )
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have never heard of that game. Most of my friends play World of Warcraft, a few play Everquest. My friends want me to create a World of Warcraft Server but I put that at the bottom of my list of things to do. Anyway, is EvE online any good?
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Depends what kind of games you like.

All takes place in one typ of ship or another (read space ship).

You can do pretty much anything game mechanics allow.

Become a pirate and kill people and loot their stuff, mine and produce ships etc, buy and sell on the market, join corporations (read guilds if you play WoW) for friends or to gain status and steal all the assets....

Far to much to go into in one post.

Have a look at www.eve-online.com and the forums there to get an idea they do a 14day free trial so cannot hurt.

I also did hear about another game thats supposed to be quite good and is also free at the moment, its made by Sony Online Entertainment and is called Planetside. Though I havent had time to look into this one yet.

Wow has never interested me to be honest. I seem to hear its full of 15yr olds.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Stick with World of Warcraft...8 million people and climbing. Plus the new expansion came out 01/16. Lots of stuff to do and lots of people to do it with. Remember: playing a MMOG is the "people factor." If you don't like the community aspect of an online game, you're probably better off playing a stand alone game.
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I won't even try WoW because I know too many people who are addicted to it, and I don't want to develop another time-wasting habit, like I did with Guild Wars, Silkroad Online, and RYL. People where I work are loosing some serious sleep (and productivity) now that the latest WoW expansion, The Burning Crusade, has been released. Just give me a few, 20-minute Quake 3, Halo 2, or Half-life deathmatch rounds and I'm happy (until Half-life 2: Episode 2 is released icon_twisted.gif).
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey JD, I play quake 3 too! Any chance you play the OSP mod? If so, we should play each other some time.

I try to stay away from games in which you have to spend a lot of time to develop your character. I like games like First Person Shooters where it doesn't require you to play for hours and hours going into dungeons in hope your item will drop to advance your character. I know I spent enough time in World of Warcraft when it first came out. Same with Diablo 2. I haven't played WoW in over a year though and I don't plan on getting Burning Crusade.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I play quake 3 (and quake 4 of late) also! :) Add me to msn: smellyUNDERSCOREgit12@hotmail.com and we'll have a game sometime! As for WOW - The game is far too addictive, you can't just pick it up for 10 minutes like you can quake 3!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will when I get back home. I'm actually in Chicago visiting my parents this weekend.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    I play WoW very minimally. That's about the only game I play.

I have owned the game for 2 years and I am only a level 30 rogue...

Everyone I know who plays the game is 60+.

Everything just takes hours to complete in the game, I get bored with that too easily.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One of my friends purchased WoW and gave it to me because he wanted me to get into it. I do not play the game very often because I cannot get into it which is probably a good thing. I know a lot of people who are addicted to WoW and Everquest and that is all they do, work and play those games (or just play the game because they have no job or do not go to school). Some of them I know even have family's and there wife/girlfriend is usually unhappy with them. I think it is funny.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2