Options

Cloud Security Track

gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited September 2020 in Cloud Certifications
I need some recommendation about starting with cloud platform and then securing the cloud premises. Any recommendation or path to get started with understanding cloud as there are more course/exam/platforms - like AWS, Azure, Openstack, Kubernetes, Oracle cloud With these certifications, I am lost and confused where and how to start.
Appreciate if someone could guide me to get started with cloud platforms and then securing the cloud. My experience with cloud...
Achieved : GCIH, CEH
Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

Comments

• Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I always think of Cloud computing as "someone elses computer". Same rules apply in most cases but the "someone else" might care of certain tasks so you don't have to. From the looks of your certs you have the basics of computing so basics of cloud will come to you. If you want to learn about cloud platforms look into AWS Cloud Practitioner or Azure fundamentals. There are some good udemy courses that cost $10 - $15 which will give you the fundamentals. 
  • Options
    gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you buddy, really appreciate you gave me hint on what to look after next. As per you recommendation let me get the fundamentals (AWS Cloud Practitioner or Azure fundamentals) and then will post what to look after regards to securing cloud and cloud pen-testing.

Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think the free Microsoft material on Azure Fundamentals is a good start with just learning some general cloud concepts minus the Azure specific topics.

On the following link, there are modules that cover topics such as defining cloud computing, key cloud concepts, services, models, and more:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/explore-microsoft-azure-cloud-concepts/
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS