Options

CCNP Guidance what to choose

Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All.

Looking for a bit of guidance on my next certificate.

I work at a large wholesale service provider.

Last year i started studying for CCNP R&S and was ready for the switch exam, but when i calculated my time before it became end of life (EOL) i decided to stop studying for it.

I went on instead to focus on my job role more and also earned the JNCIA associate cert. (i am glad i did i got promoted humble brag)

Anyways since there is no R&S track anymore i am looking towards my next cert and am torn between :
I know this is one of those questions which is "well depends" .....

Kinda looking for any information from anyone who has taken the Service provider exam/path was it of benefit (especially if working in SP environment)

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would look at the exam objectives and see which one is more relevant to your job or which one interests you more.
  • Options
    Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah i think service provider course would be more inline with my job, but i think i will do enterprise. As i feel there will more information floating about on the webs about it.

I always self study and none of my close friends are technical so not easy to bounce stuff off people except maybe with some work colleagues.