Cloud Certification for someone New

Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all, 
I wanted to get some feedback is possible on cloud cert. At the moment I was in the process of getting my MCSA for server 2012 but failed the 411 exam a couple times. At this point I won't have enough time to pass 411 and the 412 in the next couple of months before they go away. 
I choose to drop that path and start a new one going to the cloud. My company has just converted over to the cloud about 1 year ago and I only know 1% of how it works. For someone new does Microsoft have a path map for the cloud?  I need to start from the bottom up and learn how the cloud works.. 

I keep reading about Azure and AWS cert. That one Amazon is better cert then Azure. Since in house we run Azure I should continue to that path correct and learn it? 
Any kind of feedback or info you could provide for someone new would be very helpful.. 

Thank you, and have a good day. 
2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
2021 - *Security+*
2022 - * Pen Tester*

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Go with Azure because you are a MS shop. Start with AZ 900 fundamentals. You could also knock out AWS CCP after a bit of study to get a feel for Amazon
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    +1 for starting with AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Agreed. AZ-900 prep materials are a bit out of date but memorize all the different machines available as well as the normal basics and you'll do fine. I find the Azure tests to be a little trickier than the AWS certs but can adjust as needed.

Good luck!

- b/eads
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for the feedback. I notice that it's not the same as setting up a lab at home to practice. I think that's the next problem I'm running into on how I'm going to lab. I see users are signing up for Azure accounts but how does that work and how do you build a lab? Any good youtube videos or something I could watch to understand how to set up a lab for this exam? 
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It looks like Cloud Academy is one place with online labs for learning Azure. Unless you really want the hands-on-implementation-in-a-data-center experience, learning in someone else's Cloud is the fastest way to get started.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do whichever one it is that your company is converting to. Lab practice plus having a real environment gives a strong study edge.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP