Options

Security Certification Roadmap v7 update for 2020

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
The latest update to the Paul Jerimy Security Certification Roadmap and the discussions about it here and here on reddit.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks for sharing. I have seen this a couple weeks back but taking with a pinch of salt. For example the CREST CRTSA at the top under the architecture section is an outdated exam which has not been updated here in the UK. Some places dont even teach it anymore as it was not popular. At least the ISSAP still has people enquiring and going for the exam but the CRTSA does not compare.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    mrtonmrton Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the useful information! 
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited October 2020
    Wait... how did the MILE2 ones sneak up in there? I'm not even mad about the EC-Council ones  :D
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I think this chart is just to provide a cert categorization based on exam content and is not meant to be a passive commentary on worthwhileness.  ;)
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The author does try to rank them from foundation to highest skill. It is not a bad rank, I am sure there are inconsistencies and certs are favored over others based on word of mouth and less from the authors own experience. It would be impossible to take all those certs and rank based on experience lol

Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX