3rd TIME IS NOT A CHARM!!!

ccampos99ccampos99 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Failed A+ OS for the 3rd time today and can not understand why I can't pass the freaking test. I have done just about everything everyone has to offer. From reading 2 different books to taking notes and going over my previous objectives and taking notes on them and taking many different practice tests, still can not pass the exam. I decided to put this to the side before they take it off the market. I did pass the HW ahile ago with no problem. If anyone has suggestions or advice, please all the help is greatly appreciated. I'm all ears! Really bummed and tired of taking the exam. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• SteelySteely Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You may want to take some time off to clear your mind. A little R&R, I think will help some. I hope that may help. Good luck!
  • djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do not give up.
    Jedi never stop training......
  • manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    What I would suggest is that you take some time off...maybe a month or so...then get back to studying...use the print out that you received from the failed exam which highlights the areas that you were weak on and concentrate on those areas. When studying, study with a plan of action. In other words, don't try to cram everything down at the same time...I would limit your studying to 2-3 hours and concentrate on maybe studying for 2 domains at a time...and use those different sources that you mentioned to review the domains that you are studying that day. This way you should be able to get a really good understanding of the domains without overloading your brain by trying to study them all at he same time.

Let us know how your next try goes.

good luck
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    ccampos99 wrote:
    Failed A+ OS for the 3rd time today and can not understand why I can't pass the freaking test. I have done just about everything everyone has to offer. From reading 2 different books to taking notes and going over my previous objectives and taking notes on them and taking many different practice tests, still can not pass the exam. I decided to put this to the side before they take it off the market. I did pass the HW ahile ago with no problem. If anyone has suggestions or advice, please all the help is greatly appreciated. I'm all ears! Really bummed and tired of taking the exam. icon_cry.gif

Hang in there!

Perhaps you just need a little more hands-on practice/experience. There really isn't anything that can replace this but keep trying.

Depending on how long ago you passed your hardware exam, you may not have the luxury of taking a month off. Plus, I would take about a week an that is all (but that's me). Too much time and you may not want to go back into it....and maybe that is ok too!

I guess look at your long-term goals. What do you want to do in IT? If you don't have a need for the A+, then maybe skip it and focus on the Certs that will help you in your career. Second, I'd revisit the date of your Hardware Pass and confirm the time remaining that you have to pass the OS. Then decide how much time you can invest in continuing to prepare. With a 3rd failed exam....aren't your required to wait 30 days before your next exam? I would look at this too before too long.

On a better note, compare your three failed exam sheets and see what areas it marks you need some work (as mentioned above). Pick one of those areas and get to work on it. Post questions in the forum if you need futher clarification.

HTH
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    With a 3rd failed exam....aren't your required to wait 30 days before your next exam?

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/canidate_agreement.aspx
    RETAKE POLICY
    In the event that you fail your first (1st) attempt to pass any CompTIA certification examination, CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and second (2nd) attempt to pass such examination. However, before your third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass such examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of your last attempt to pass such examination.

Consider it a month off to unwind, then go nail it. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Plantwiz wrote:
    With a 3rd failed exam....aren't your required to wait 30 days before your next exam?

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/canidate_agreement.aspx
    RETAKE POLICY
    In the event that you fail your first (1st) attempt to pass any CompTIA certification examination, CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and second (2nd) attempt to pass such examination. However, before your third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass such examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of your last attempt to pass such examination.

Consider it a month off to unwind, then go nail it. icon_cool.gif

Thanks....didn't have the time to look it up when I posted.

It's good to have dedicated members :D Again, thank you.

So, it looks like you do get a month off to prepare. Next thing is to make sure you are still in the alloted time frame to complete both Core and OS....or you may be redoing both.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • shadow1480shadow1480 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed the test the first time I took it. A couple things that helped me were that I mastered the differences between TRACERT, NSLOOKUP, and all the other commands. Thank god my test was mostly about that.

The second, and most important, DON"T STRESS! When I stress, I forget everything. Since it's your 4th time taking the test, you shouldn't be nervous. Just go in, trust your gut, and pass that sucker. Good luck!
  • CosmocatCosmocat Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Please don't give up. My suggestions is to do as I do when I CRAM for a test.

Go through every chapter and don't continue to the next until you can remember and master everything.

A second thing you can do even though it takes a lot of time, is to write your own questions for every chapter to help you master everything.

BEST OF LUCK :)