Free microsoft ignite challenge gets you a free MS cert exam voucher

tripleatriplea Senior MemberUKMember Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited September 26 in Professional Development
Hi,

Time to give something back to you guys.

So complete one of the microsoft ignite challenges (Im doing security) and you can use it to get a free MS exam vouchers (Im doing the Azure fundamentals)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/microsoft-ignite-cloud-skills-challenge-2020-free-certification-exam#eligible-exams

https://csc.docs.microsoft.com/ignite/registration

Cheers.

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Senior Member Member Posts: 2,141 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited September 27
    Very cool! thanks for sharing!

FYI, you will have to complete your module by Oct. 7 in order to get the free exam voucher. Looks like I will get a free retake for AZ-500 :smile:

Certs: CISSP, OSCP, CRTP, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP
    2020 Goals:
    Courses: VHL (completed), CQURE: Windows Security Crash Course (completed), BlackHills InfoSec: Breaching the Cloud (completed), eLearnSecurity: WAPTv3 (completed), IHRP (completed), THPv2 (completed), PTXv2 (completed)
    Certs: VHL: Advanced+ (completed), OSCP (completed), AZ-500 (failed 1st attempt), eWPT (failed 2x, no further attempts), eCIR (complete), eCTHPv2 (report: awaiting results), eCPTXv2 (Dec)
    2021: AZ-500, AZ-104, AZ-204, AZ-303, AZ-304, MS-500
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 1,788 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for sharing! I will also share this.
    Alphabet soup: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, GDSA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, CEH, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer Associate, ITIL 4 Foundation, and more.

2020 goals: AZ-900, AZ-500, GDSA, ITILv4

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    I completed the challenge and received the email yesterday saying that I have earned a free exam. I think I will use it towards the AZ-303.
    Alphabet soup: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, GDSA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, CEH, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer Associate, ITIL 4 Foundation, and more.

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Mod Posts: 6,912 Mod
    edited October 15
    Were you able to pull the voucher? I got the email but when I try to follow the instructions to redeem, says I have no  voucher.

Edit: disregard. I checked last night and there was nothing. It just logged back on and it's showing up now.
    edited October 15
    Just logged in and I was able to claim it

I was also able to schedule the exam.

I got the email yesterday but I did not see the voucher and searching my email did not bring up anything.

Tried it again today and the voucher was there and I was able to claim the voucher and schedule a free AZ-500 exam. 

If you had problems yesterday try today or tomorrow. I think I read it could take up to 5 days. 
    Certs: CISSP, OSCP, CRTP, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP
    2020 Goals:
    Courses: VHL (completed), CQURE: Windows Security Crash Course (completed), BlackHills InfoSec: Breaching the Cloud (completed), eLearnSecurity: WAPTv3 (completed), IHRP (completed), THPv2 (completed), PTXv2 (completed)
    Certs: VHL: Advanced+ (completed), OSCP (completed), AZ-500 (failed 1st attempt), eWPT (failed 2x, no further attempts), eCIR (complete), eCTHPv2 (report: awaiting results), eCPTXv2 (Dec)
  • tripleatriplea Senior Member UKMember Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Still keeps saying I've no discount - grrrrrrrrrr
    still having issues @triplea ?
    2020 Goals:
    Yep. I appreciate its free but they are becoming quite the PITA. Loads with the same issue and it’s really difficult to contact them. Mainly please post on our forums then they mainly don’t respond. 
    Curious if you guys continue to experience this issue.

All sorted now and foundation azure passed.