eLearnSecurity/INE Cyber Security Pass

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    yoba222 said:
    I forget if INE bought eLearn or the other way around a couple of years ago, and then nothing really happened. This is probably that thing happening.
    Or it could be a new partnership, Elearnsecurity provided the course content/labs/exam, INE provide trainer and a more modern web platform. It is a win-win for both. Maybe it will result into INE buying Elearnsecurity but it is a win-win situation for both. 
  • TimBakerTimBaker Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was selected on the 1st of October but I wasn't aware. I created an account today but all the courses seem to be locked. Nice interface though. 
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    "Due to overwhelming demand, we were unable to enroll everyone who registered to participate in our Cyber Security beta program. Unfortunately our beta is at max capacity and it is now closed." 
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Strangely I just got emailed today by elearnsecurity and got accepted to the beta test. From what I can see, it is the PTS course. They have all the labs available with a download for the openvpn file. I guess its a good opportunity for those who have been studying for the free PTS course who did not have access to the labs to get them done now, especially the Blackbox labs. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited October 2020
    I just received the acceptance email an hour ago. I can access the Penetration Testing Student (PTSv4 syllabus) path until 10/16. It's three courses by Lukasz Mikula (29 videos, 5h13m) to help prep for the eJPT exam. I think this may be worth pushing off my AWS CCP exam two weeks or so.

I'm finding "bugs" already. The "Begin" button starts playing a video in the middle of a course rather than at the first video. Anyone else also get this behavior in Chrome? Am I just misunderstand how the Begin button works?
    I experienced the same. Clicking begin brought me to a wireshark video which seemed to be a QTR into the course. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
  • secureckbsecureckb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea I think most of these courses are still being developed as regards to presentation and user experience 
    Yes, well, it is a "beta."
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks like it's coming out of beta in 2 weeks
    https://ine.com/pages/experience-the-new-cyber-security-pass

A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    The beta access is thru Friday, 10/16, so that fits a following Tuesday, 10/20 release.
    The PTS slides use many terms that they don't define such as "crackers," "elevated privileges," and "shell." I'm wondering if these are slides are for course videos yet to be released or are newbs are just suppose to Google the terms they don't already know.

In the bigger picture, the PTS material contains very similar topics as in the latest CEH content. It's for the same certification audience so no wonder.
  • ElitisElitis Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm fairly sure its the same way on eLS. I took that last year so I may be wrong, but I don't think those terms were defined in the course, or maybe it was just later on in another slide.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Did anyone watch the INE Cybersecurity Pass launch? It was pretty much what I was expecting them to do. I am highly disappointed in the offer for existing students, however. $99 to upgrade to 1 year of the INE pass, however you permanently lose access to the eLearn environment and the courses you've purchased already. I've got PTP, XDS, and MAP waiting to be done, and was planning on starting after the new year. They do give you until 12/31 to accept the offer. I don't want to try and knock out those three all next year and have that stress, because studying under stress is when I get frustrated and decide not to bother. I do have the elite versions, so I can at least download all of the material that I've already purchased, so there's that. The one MAJOR advantage to the INE platform I see is the online lab environment. Looks all-inclusive so that would actually be helpful so I don't have to worry about spinning up VMs and such.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • gbutlergbutler Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 said:
    Did anyone watch the INE Cybersecurity Pass launch? It was pretty much what I was expecting them to do. I am highly disappointed in the offer for existing students, however. $99 to upgrade to 1 year of the INE pass, however you permanently lose access to the eLearn environment and the courses you've purchased already. I've got PTP, XDS, and MAP waiting to be done, and was planning on starting after the new year. They do give you until 12/31 to accept the offer. I don't want to try and knock out those three all next year and have that stress, because studying under stress is when I get frustrated and decide not to bother. I do have the elite versions, so I can at least download all of the material that I've already purchased, so there's that. The one MAJOR advantage to the INE platform I see is the online lab environment. Looks all-inclusive so that would actually be helpful so I don't have to worry about spinning up VMs and such.
    Hi Jojocal,

I am an exisiting Elearnsecurity student, and i still can access my purchases course ECCPT, please try accessing your course materials. Is there any offer for exisiting elearnsecurity students ?
    is 1999$ only option!

Achieved : GCIH, CEH
    Certification Goals :  ECCPT, OSCP, CISSP, CCNA CyberOps, CCIE, WIFU

I never got the INE online lab environment to work for me. The VPN connection established but I could not ping the IPs in the exercise. I noticed some exercises have a requirement to access the lab from a Linux VM. Maybe that configuration should be used for all PTS lab assignments.
    edited October 2020
    gbutler said:
    JoJoCal19 said:
    Hi Jojocal,

I am an exisiting Elearnsecurity student, and i still can access my purchases course ECCPT, please try accessing your course materials. Is there any offer for exisiting elearnsecurity students ?
    is 1999$ only option!

I missed a few minutes (damn phonecall.. exactly at the worst moment).  I have purchased a eJPT elite (still not complete),  do I understand that I could upgrade to a complete Cyber-Security INE pass for 99$ ?

If so, in my case, it would be a nobrainer.  Take my money!!
    gbutler said:
    JoJoCal19 said:
    Hi Jojocal,

is 1999$ only option!

I missed a few minutes (damn phonecall.. exactly at the worst moment).  I have purchased a eJPT elite (still not complete),  do I understand that I could upgrade to a complete Cyber-Security INE pass for 99$ ?

If so, in my case, it would be a nobrainer.  Take my money!!

@Jojocal, is there any mail regarding upgrading to INE pass for 99$. All i see is upgrade cost is 1999$
    for existing elearnsecurity members - you can access you courseware and lab through : https://members.elearnsecurity.com/

@gbutler It should be in your email. $99 for the first year for existing eLearnSecurity members and there's another for a buy-one-get-one-free. Buy the first year for full price and get the second year free. 

In regards to upgrading, if you sign up for INE's cybersecurity pass, you in turn lose all access to eLearnSecurity courses and labs. It seems they're going for a SANS/GIAC situation. 
    I think it is a good move for them.. Separate learning from certification.. it will surely help them get some credential in certain market

Elitis said:
    @gbutler It should be in your email. $99 for the first year for existing eLearnSecurity members and there's another for a buy-one-get-one-free. Buy the first year for full price and get the second year free. 

In regards to upgrading, if you sign up for INE's cybersecurity pass, you in turn lose all access to eLearnSecurity courses and labs. It seems they're going for a SANS/GIAC situation. 

Strange, haven't received any mail regarding 99$ from Elearnsecurity.
    So this move is like SANS where i can get training and for exams i need to purchase Voucher from Elearnsecurity.
    Any suggestion is moving to subscription worth.

IMO, if you wanted to do about 1-2 Elearnsecurity course per year, you are better with INE pass. No limit on lab times, access to all curriculum. In my case, there are some advanced course, that I would watch and never do the exam. 
    edited October 2020
    Actually, re-reading the email it isn't for existing members: 
    Since you’ve purchased an eLearnSecurity course in the past six months, we’d like to give you the option to upgrade to one year of the new INE Cyber Security Pass subscription for only $99 (a $1999 value)*. 
    I'd consider the subscription worth it if you plan on doing two or more courses in the span of a year. Otherwise, if you have a few courses from eLearnSecurity that you haven't completed yet and you aren't sure if you're going to renew the subscription beyond one-year, no.

That's why I didnt receive this email.. I bought eJPT in 2019
    Thanks for the clarification @Elitis

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Yup appears it's for people who have purchased in the past 6 months (I purchased MAP on launch). I want to eventually do the WAPT/WAPTx, but I don't want to rush to do PTP/MAP/XDS within a year if I took their offer of $99 and then do those 3 while I have it for all of 2021. Seems either way I'd have to renew at the normal price of $1999 to then do WAPT/WAPTx. So I'm going to keep my existing eLearn access and then when I finish those three courses/certs, I'll probably use a different email to sign up for the INE all access for a year to do the WAPT/WAPTx if I still feel like it. 
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    I am tempted to buy 2 years for 1999$, that way the price is acceptable. It would gave me 2 years to do most of their certs (or at least get the content). 
    I am trying to finish THPv2 and PTXv2 by the end of this year. After that I am just done with elearnsecurity. I am not mad or bitter, I spent so much time and money on them since 2013. Certs are still barely getting any notice in the industry and I have never been asked about my elearn certs by employers. Elearn certs have only really been talking points amongst the few co-workers who have vaguely heard of elearnsecurity. 

There just comes a time when you have invested too much time and money where you need to move on. Especially if the ROI is not in your favor.  If you are just starting out with Elearn/INE they are an awesome company and have great content/labs/courses. I would recommend don't play in the sandbox for too long, there are other parks to visit. :smile:

Brand names have always got me the job "Cisco, Microsoft, Azure, O365, Offensive Security (OSCP/OSCE), CISSP, ISACA, EC-Council CEH, AWS Amazon, Juniper, Google Cloud."

I think that Elearnsecurity have some jobs to do get the same recognition than Offensive Security, however their material is fine and less "Try harder" than Offensive Sec.  So I see Elearnsecurity/INE like a good school and less as a certification body. 
  • secureckbsecureckb Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chrisone said:
    I am trying to finish THPv2 and PTXv2 by the end of this year. After that I am just done with elearnsecurity. I am not mad or bitter, I spent so much time and money on them since 2013. Certs are still barely getting any notice in the industry and I have never been asked about my elearn certs by employers. Elearn certs have only really been talking points amongst the few co-workers who have vaguely heard of elearnsecurity. 

There just comes a time when you have invested too much time and money where you need to move on. Especially if the ROI is not in your favor.  If you are just starting out with Elearn/INE they are an awesome company and have great content/labs/courses. I would recommend don't play in the sandbox for too long, there are other parks to visit. :smile:

Brand names have always got me the job "Cisco, Microsoft, Azure, O365, Offensive Security (OSCP/OSCE), CISSP, ISACA, EC-Council CEH, AWS Amazon, Juniper, Google Cloud."

No no sir..:)..you dont get off that easy...
    when i first started on the THP track..you were the one that guided and mentored along with unixguy....and now your giving up?..:)
    sorry....not acceptable.lol/
    I think the THP course is a great compliment to the OSCP ( which im starting in January)
    I think I would have taken the THP eventually...just didnt know the order but i think Im in a good plac enow
    Ha not giving up, I am finishing my elearn goals (THPv2 and PTXv2). If you are just starting out with elearn it is a great option. Just don't spend so much money or time on one vendor. Diversify hahaha 

THP is a great course. All their courses have been awesome. The skill level gained is amazing, just wish it was a brand was equal to the price tag. 

My investment thus far, PTPv3 PTPv4, WAPTv2, WAPTv3, IHRP, THPv2, PTXv2, eCRE, eCMAP. Thats a lot of time and money on a brand that is not required for job applications. I have seen some WAPTX and PTX here and there on job applications. 

I think that's somewhere in the ballpark of $8k-10k. The years spent is another factor. At some point you have to move on.  2021 is my Azure and O365 year :wink: