Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are there any contractors at all being deployed? From other companies.
  • XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    isiac316 said:
    Are there any contractors at all being deployed? From other companies.
    They are people being deployed, but need need to be basically missions essential (vectrus isn't) in addition vectrus isn't doing CRC waivers as well. Also....no one is going anywhere until Kuwait is issuing Visas again, my best advice is to monitor the Kuwait Visa situation. No visa=no deployment for anyone anywhere...
    V/R

• troverdan55troverdan55 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anybody heard any updates?
    Anybody heard any updates?
    No.
    V/R

• Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone heard anything.
    Been very quiet on here. Has anyone heard any updates
    edited October 2020
    Latest and greatest, CRC still not deploying, people leaving all the time, people waiting to get to their new job sites, but can't due to no visas. Expectation (unofficial) next year for those not going to AFG, AFG uncertain due to base closures due to peace agreement. 

Simple math if AFG closes, then position placement will take priority of new hires as indirectly stated on your contracts hence the pipeline deal (finish paper first, get in line first), but since there is all of AFG depending on what happens, they're are going to need to place current employees. 

Recommendation, keep applying to every company until you're confirmed a CRC or flight. The pipeline will prioritize current employees over new.
    V/R

• SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got information that they are moving the CRC location to Indiana 
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    I got information that they are moving the CRC location to Indiana 
    full system for both  Mil and non Mil deployers? 
  • BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have realized its best for me to just not think about this place.  I start dreaming of a life I cant afford without it lol.  If we are still in the process does that maintain our clearance?  I have been window shopping a lot of other stuff and wondering what time frame I have to complete the certifications and other minimum requirements.
    Bropez said:
    I have realized its best for me to just not think about this place.  I start dreaming of a life I cant afford without it lol.  If we are still in the process does that maintain our clearance?  I have been window shopping a lot of other stuff and wondering what time frame I have to complete the certifications and other minimum requirements.
    I have been dreaming the same. But guess its over due to CVOID-19. I imagine you have a while to complete the certs. Im in the process of studying for my sec+ because it expires in December.
  • brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Latest and greatest, CRC still not deploying, people leaving all the time, people waiting to get to their new job sites, but can't due to no visas. Expectation (unofficial) next year for those not going to AFG, AFG uncertain due to base closures due to peace agreement. 

Simple math if AFG closes, then position placement will take priority of new hires as indirectly stated on your contracts hence the pipeline deal (finish paper first, get in line first), but since there is all of AFG depending on what happens, they're are going to need to place current employees. 

Recommendation, keep applying to every company until you're confirmed a CRC or flight. The pipeline will prioritize current employees over new.

Disappointing but thanks for the update. I went from being excited about coming on with Vectrus to it becoming my Plan B and now I think I'm off of contract deploying altogether. This isn't really anybody's fault to be fair but I definitely have to keep it moving.
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:

Disappointing but thanks for the update. I went from being excited about coming on with Vectrus to it becoming my Plan B and now I think I'm off of contract deploying altogether. This isn't really anybody's fault to be fair but I definitely have to keep it moving.
    There are other contracts to get on overseas, people are limiting themselves to only one entity.
    V/R

Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:

There are other contracts to get on overseas, people are limiting themselves to only one entity.
    Which other companies are you aware of
  • BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was about to ask Xepher the same question. 
  • Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    isiac316 said:

Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:

Which other companies are you aware of
    Man yall boys are lazy...They have GDIT, Raytheon, Vista Defense, Jacobs, Caci, Leidos, SAIC, ManTech
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Indeed, I am on a FMS contract in Abu Dhabi. It much better living here than on a FOB. 
    edited October 2020
    Not lazy, thought he might know some that didn't know about. Never heard of Vista Defense. I just came back home in August from Iraq. Trying to go back overseas but not to a war zone. This site actually lead to me getting a job overseas. So don't be quick to assume someone is being lazy because they asked a question. 
    LordQarlyn who you contract with? 
  • Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BranHard5 said:
    Not lazy, thought he might know some that didn't know about. Never heard of Vista Defense. I just came back home in August from Iraq. Trying to go back overseas but not to a war zone. This site actually lead to me getting a job overseas. So don't be quick to assume someone is being lazy because they asked a question. 
    Well then you were over there, you didnt talk to other contractors to see who they worked for? I've been in your shoes. Anyway, you have your answer. There are also facebook groups who post positions for overseas, not just middle east 
    Of course I did and majority of the time it was always the BIG named companies. That's why I asked the question because I went over there with a small company. Thanks for the Facebook info. 
    Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:

Yeah I'm ex-military, I've deployed and worked with most of them. I'm not even currently waiting on Vectrus technically. My issue is more with DCSA/DoDCaF and now CRC, which are Vectrus agnostic. This has been my "big move" for over a year now and I just feel like I'm wasting my time now. Its definitely probably worth the wait for an almost 200k salary but I can't take the waiting anymore. Hopefully my clearance comes through and I can just use that CONUS somewhere like Amazon or Microsoft.
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:

Yeah I'm ex-military, I've deployed and worked with most of them. I'm not even currently waiting on Vectrus technically. My issue is more with DCSA/DoDCaF and now CRC, which are Vectrus agnostic. This has been my "big move" for over a year now and I just feel like I'm wasting my time now. Its definitely probably worth the wait for an almost 200k salary but I can't take the waiting anymore. Hopefully my clearance comes through and I can just use that CONUS somewhere like Amazon or Microsoft.
    Just keep applying for jobs until you find one that will get you where you need to go, putting your eggs in one basket is a no go lol, people are leaving all the time, but no one is coming in. Is it going to be worth the wait when AFG closes? In addition you can be working a whole other job while you wait.
    V/R

Another Strategy could be focused on improving yourself so you can make that 200K back in the states
    edited October 2020
    Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:

Just keep applying for jobs until you find one that will get you where you need to go, putting your eggs in one basket is a no go lol, people are leaving all the time, but no one is coming in. Is it going to be worth the wait when AFG closes? In addition you can be working a whole other job while you wait.

This isn't bad advice and I'm sure someone could use it but you're preaching to the choir.  I've never stopped working, like ever. Im in my 30s and have been unemployed maybe a total of 6 months since I turned 17. 

Its just disappointing to be planning and arranging your life around a year long+ overseas tour and finally coming to the realization that its probably not going to be worth your time by the time you actually leave. 

I was mainly in it just to get an active clearance that I could then transition directly into somewhere like Amazon where they won't sponsor but will give up to like a 40k bonus just for having TS/SCI.  As I said, this was plan B and honestly closer to C or D. I'll be fine though. It just sucks because this is probably the easiest 6 figure salary role you'll ever see in tech. 
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:
    brambis said:
    Xepher said:

This isn't bad advice and I'm sure someone could use it but you're preaching to the choir.  I've never stopped working, like ever. Im in my 30s and have been unemployed maybe a total of 6 months since I turned 17. 

Its just disappointing to be planning and arranging your life around a year long+ overseas tour and finally coming to the realization that its probably not going to be worth your time by the time you actually leave. 

I was mainly in it just to get an active clearance that I could then transition directly into somewhere like Amazon where they won't sponsor but will give up to like a 40k bonus just for having TS/SCI.  As I said, this was plan B and honestly closer to C or D. I'll be fine though. It just sucks because this is probably the easiest 6 figure salary role you'll ever see in tech. 
    Vectrus isn't the only organization to sponsor clearances, there are many of them out there. In your searches, just looking for the positions that state "the ability to obtain" such and such. For those without clearances and was utilizing Vectrus to obtain a clearance, just call or find an SSO that can pull your information to give you an idea where you're at. You never know, you may have an adjudicated one and not even know it. I've seen it happen. 
    V/R

all the big aerospace companies back home  ( Sateside)  give at min 20K  bonus for TS/SCI.... 
    Yea i pretty much given up on the AFG with Vectrus. I am going to try getting a job with one of the other major contracting companies.