Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Focus on the clearance level requirements and the location. There are tons of smaller companies in the ME. 

That being said ..... I am also a bit concerned ... the visa issues affect me directly 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    balance said:
    all the big aerospace companies back home  ( Sateside)  give at min 20K  bonus for TS/SCI.... 
    Yeah but they still pay relative chump change for dev roles. And the problem with developing in those environments is that you can’t really talk about any of your projects in other workplaces. That is a huge issue when it comes to getting other dev jobs because you’re expected to be able to talk about your work down to the smallest details.

For sysadmin and network roles, military contracting is probably the best money you’ll ever see. And its generally easy work outside of the long hours, which is what attracted me. For developing though, its closer to the middle-bottom.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    brambis said:
    For sysadmin and network roles, military contracting is probably the best money you’ll ever see. And its generally easy work outside of the long hours, which is what attracted me. For developing though, its closer to the middle-bottom.
    Yep, and these roles cannot be outsourced to H1B or to foreign locations. 
  • Options
    you could look in other areas of the ME (Middle East)
  • Options
    balance said:
    you could look in other areas of the ME (Middle East)
    Yes, living in the UAE especially during Covid19 is pretty awesome.
  • Options
    I would trade  for UAE :)      I wife and kids would like UAE better.  As long as COL didn't change to much . 
  • Options
    Well real estate prices have come down the past few months.
  • Options
    pizzaguy123pizzaguy123 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    brambis said:
    balance said:
    all the big aerospace companies back home  ( Sateside)  give at min 20K  bonus for TS/SCI.... 
    Yeah but they still pay relative chump change for dev roles. And the problem with developing in those environments is that you can’t really talk about any of your projects in other workplaces. That is a huge issue when it comes to getting other dev jobs because you’re expected to be able to talk about your work down to the smallest details.

I know the salaries have dropped but whats the approximate salary in 2019-2020 for sysadmin or network admin work overseas in the ME. Is it above or below 150K?? Or would you need to be an engineer to make that salary? 
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    isiac316 said:
    Yea i pretty much given up on the AFG with Vectrus. I am going to try getting a job with one of the other major contracting companies.
    Afghan is gone by Feb. There is another round of contactors going home at the end of November from Vectrus and more sites are closing day by day
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    brambis said:
    balance said:

I know the salaries have dropped but whats the approximate salary in 2019-2020 for sysadmin or network admin work overseas in the ME. Is it above or below 150K?? Or would you need to be an engineer to make that salary? 
    It will be below with Vectrus. I got an offer for the new NOSC being stood up in Qatar for 140k for cyber
  • Options
    brambis said:
    balance said:

I'd say you would have to be at least engineer to get that as a base salary. You might get to 150K with allowances, assuming transportation and housing is not simply provided. 
  • Options
    Sysadmin  would be below 150K.  

Engineers back stateside make that . I would say 125-170K for an ISSE.  

Interesting about the NOSC they are looking for a base secret?  Do you have a POC  I would enjoy reading the JD.  Always good to see what is in demand.  

• Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited October 2020
    balance said:

Interesting about the NOSC they are looking for a base secret?  Do you have a POC  I would enjoy reading the JD.  Always good to see what is in demand.  

The same POC's you already have, in addition  the NOSC is full up from people from the closures, no movement due to covid. Anyone already on contract will most likely have priority over external hires anyways.
    V/R

• Options
    balance said:

depends on what you are applying for some are TS/SCI they are posted on the Vectrus Careers page what is available 
  • Options
    Thanks , 

I didn't know  if it was Vectus or not . Someone had asked me about the role and I didn't have any information to send their way.   I will go take a look as well. At  least this way I am infomred . 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brambis said:
    balance said:

I can only speak for me but I just got an offer last month that calculates to about 185k TC for SysAdmin in Afghanistan. This was actually higher than what I was offered a year ago for the same role.

The pay was hourly based on 56 hours a week plus overtime, a 1 year completion bonus and uplifts. 

• Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There still hiring for Afghanistan even though its about to close because of the peace agreement.

brambis said:
    brambis said:
    balance said:

I can only speak for me but I just got an offer last month that calculates to about 185k TC for SysAdmin in Afghanistan. This was actually higher than what I was offered a year ago for the same role.

The pay was hourly based on 56 hours a week plus overtime, a 1 year completion bonus and uplifts. 

• Options
    isiac316 said:
    There still hiring for Afghanistan even though its about to close because of the peace agreement.

brambis said:
    brambis said:
    balance said:

You're not hired until you get a CRC date.
    V/R

• Options
    isiac316 said:

brambis said:
    brambis said:
    balance said:

they are "hiring" but nobody is getting out here cause CRC is closed. Also there has to be a 2 star to sign off anyone coming into country. 
  • Options
    Shamuu10Shamuu10 Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i just had my technical interview 2 days ago and the interviewer said they would refer me for a Sys Admin 1 Position the recruiters haven't been very helpful in terms of reaching out and answering questions hopefully you guys in this thread may be able to help. 

1) Does anyone have an Active Vectrus recruiters email so i may be able to get help answering questions and finding a position that is right for me and some referrals?

2) What is the ongoing Salary for a Sys admin 1

3) How long will it take after a job offer if someone already has an Active Clearence to actually go out and deploy?

4) Are you aloud to ship pets/vehicles overseas? 

5) what is a normal work day/week for this position

Any help is appriciated!

• Options
    Also is Vectrus the only Contracting company overseas that pays 6 figures or is there anymore that are worth applying to?
  • Options
    1) Does anyone have an Active Vectrus recruiters email so i may be able to get help answering questions and finding a position that is right for me and some referrals?
    Use the recruiter you are already in contact with.
    2) What is the ongoing Salary for a Sys admin 1
    Not sure
    3) How long will it take after a job offer if someone already has an Active Clearence to actually go out and deploy?
    It took me about a month. This was pre covid times
    4) Are you aloud to ship pets/vehicles overseas? 
    I dont believe so also depends on where you are trying to get a job at. 
    5) what is a normal work day/week for this position
    Most are contracted for 56/60 hours a week so 7/8s 
  • Options
    Thanks! Are you currently working out there? how is it right now with covid in terms of people coming in? @Speghetty
  • Options
    Shamuu10 said:
    Thanks! Are you currently working out there? how is it right now with covid in terms of people coming in? @Speghetty
    No one from Vectrus is coming in, but it depends if you're trying to go on a middle east contract or not. If you're trying to go middle east, the only country moving right now is Jordan, every other country out here is closed due to the non processing of Visa's or the closing of CRC.
    V/R

• Options
    Shamuu10 said:
    I am currently working in Afghan they arent brining in any new people
  • Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know the time after your case is closed to make a final decision ?
  • Options
    Does anybody know when they are going to started doing Work Visas again for the middle east? I accepted the job as a Sys Admin I 185k but in in a pending status because they arent doing work visas for contractors to the middle east atm. I took another job here in the states because i have no idea when they will send me.
  • Options
    Jr1984 said:

Contact your recruiter they can ask your FSO the status of your clearence in JPASS if thats what your refering to. 

• Options
    Shamuu10 said:
    Does anybody know when they are going to started doing Work Visas again for the middle east? I accepted the job as a Sys Admin I 185k but in in a pending status because they arent doing work visas for contractors to the middle east atm. I took another job here in the states because i have no idea when they will send me.
    Who is "They"  which country ? Which part ? Are you referring to GCC Or IRAQ? AFGN?
  • Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My clearance case says close waiting final adjudication.  

Shamuu10 said:
    Jr1984 said:

Contact your recruiter they can ask your FSO the status of your clearence in JPASS if thats what your refering to.