Provisionally passed the CISSP-ISSMP

balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
edited November 2020 in CISSP

Knocked out the CISSP-ISSMP today. I felt the exam was purely based on experience vs. actual study prep from a book.  I prepared using CISM study material but I don't know how much it helped.  I think it was more experience based and or experience gained while studying for CRISC, CISA and CISM.     On to CGEIT soon if I can get it done before PMP in December. 

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! What was your motivation for ISSMP? I am curious as to what you feel is the ROI when you already hold CISSP and CISM. What is the additional value?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□

I feel that the ISSMP preparation forced me to gain and even deeper understanding of security policy with just a little bit of RMF mixed in.  Not sure how much value it will add to the CV but I enjoyed the process. Perhaps it will help me a bit in the consulting world if I can ever seem to break into the Big4.

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    edited November 2020
    CISSP-ISSMP makes a good mix with the CISM. There are very few ISSMP cert holders (1240 at last count) making it very rare and it does contain the golden keyword "CISSP". Also, there are very few InfoSec management certs--GSTRT and CCISO being the others. People looking to get/stay on the InfoSec management track should consider them all.
    I considered taking the CCISO  but I thought the value of the issuing body might not help much. 
  • Lifetime_LearnerLifetime_Learner Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!  What type of CISM material did you use to study for the exam?  Were the questions similar to CISSP or was it more straight-forward?  
    edited November 2020
    I read all of the official study guides for CISA,CRISC,CISM   then I went though 25% of the Q&A database for CISM  but  not sure if it was worth it .   The questions were very much  "CISSP" type.   The official books listed above really helped. I also read 800-53,37  which  added value.