Just got my welcome package!

Stan27Stan27 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
After getting a certificate at school today, I come home and I see the CompTIA packet waiting for me. I opened it up, and it turns out that they print it out on regular multipurpose paper.
I probably shouldn't be too disappointed, I got two certificates in one day, and it only took 20 days for the packet to get here.

I'm probably going to frame it and laminate my card tomorrow.

Did any of you guys get nice certificates?

Comments

• SteelySteely Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After spending more than $100 bucks and putting the time to study your !@#! off to pass, you get a cheesy piece of certificate. The background graphic looks cool, except that it seems like it's printed from somebody's deskjet printer (Just look at the jagged circles on it).

But the important thing is that you passed and that you're listed in the CompTIA website.

Congrats!
  • Stan27Stan27 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you.

I thought of the jagged circles as intentional. It kinda reminds me of the previous Knoppix theme, which I thought was pretty cool.
    I guess I shouldn't expect much from an entry-level cert, but when I get CCNA(not anytime soon), it better look damn good.

I'm surprised the white margins are even, I thought they'd screw that up for sure.

Does your Net+ certificate look the same?
  • gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Stan. I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my Certification package. Could you tell me exactly what you recieved in your package? Did you get a little chest badge too?

thanks...
    I'll help you out because I was just as impatient.

There's the certificate,
    an ID card printed on harder paper(like a mini certificate),
    a kind of addition to the certificate that lists the standards, and says "____ is proficient in ....",
    an application to become an authorized CompTIA service center,
    a short congratulatory letter outlining what comes with the package, and finally,
    a postcard-sized ad to be a member of CompTIA at a discounted price.

I thought there was a pin or something, but I guess they stopped doing that.

Congrats on your pass!
  • SteelySteely Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep.

The Network+ certificate is exactly the same.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    When you 'join' the CompTIA membership you can request a label pin (1 pin only), but I would say the membership and the pin are not worth the money.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much stan-man! I feel better just knowing what the package entails. congrats to you yourself and all the best in your future pursuits.

Thanks Plantwiz for the additional info about the pin/badge.

This forum has the best fellas you can find anywhere...

keep up the good work guys.
    Thank you, gamepro, the same to you as well.

Thank you too, plantwiz. I don't think they're worth the money either. :P
  • CosmocatCosmocat Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stan27 wrote:
    I'll help you out because I was just as impatient.

There's the certificate,
    an ID card printed on harder paper(like a mini certificate),
    a kind of addition to the certificate that lists the standards, and says "____ is proficient in ....",
    an application to become an authorized CompTIA service center,
    a short congratulatory letter outlining what comes with the package, and finally,
    a postcard-sized ad to be a member of CompTIA at a discounted price.

I thought there was a pin or something, but I guess they stopped doing that.

Congrats on your pass!

Got some membership offer e-mail from CompTIA the other day and if you signed up for a year or two you would receive a certificate of membership + a pin of your choice etc (the pin you could pick was depending on what certs you had). I think they should have given that pin in the welcome package for the certification, not the membership package.

Will they improve ? Time will tell :)
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Too bad the new Microsoft certificates arnt as colorful as the CompTIA's lol...

If you want a MCP certificate, just take a blank peice of paper, and write;

<Name>
    Has successfully completed the requirements to be reconized as a
    Microsoft Certified Professional

Then just do some squiggly lines for Bill Gates's sig...

and I garuentee you that plain white peace of paper will be better lookin then the real thing certificate you get... Personally I like the older certificates from MS, the new ones are pretty much a peace of paper now, alot of people have complained about them lol..
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1