Passed SYO-601

balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
edited November 2020 in Security+
 SYO-501 May 19, 2020  Passed 

SYO-601 November 21, 2020  Passed. 

I found the exam to be more challenging than SYO-501.   No prep  just sat to see how the exam was .  All in all a fun  experience. 

Nothing to write home about. I took the exam more for the experience. 

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I updated my SYS-501 from 401 via open book test. Was there an option for SYS-601 to do that?
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    itdept said:
    Congrats on the pass. I updated my SYS-501 from 401 via open book test. Was there an option for SYS-601 to do that?
    I had no idea you could test for a comptia exam open book.  Sounds like something  unethical. 
  • marco71marco71 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Any reason for take SY0-601 before 3 years of SY0-501 validity? or just for fun?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited November 2020
    itdept said:

Are we talking about the CompTIA Security+ exam? The exam designation is "SY0-" and not "SYS-". There are no CompTIA open-book exams.
    JDMurray said:
    itdept said:

Are we talking about the CompTIA Security+ exam? The exam designation is "SY0-" and not "SYS-". There are no CompTIA open-book exams.
    Correction made . Sorry for the mix up. 
    marco71 said:
    Congrats! Any reason for take SY0-601 before 3 years of SY0-501 validity? or just for fun?
    I took it just for fun and to see how much more difficult i felt it was.  Good to know exactly where you are at.