Seems no one discuss about CWNP in a year

xiaohaozi0xiaohaozi0 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Why peopel don't like CWNP anymore?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    As a former CWNA cert holder myself, I don't see much talk about CWNP certs in the cert resources that I monitor. Doing a search on reddit, I found this post giving an opinion on the declining value of the CWNP certs. That's about all I have.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Either my job search filters are too specific or I just never see it requested - ever. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited December 2020
    Just guessing here, but I wonder if it has to do with vendors (Aruba, Cisco, Extreme Networks) having their own branded certifications. 

I always saw CWNP as the ISC2 of wireless certs back in the day. Looks like no one really cares anymore. Not too long ago they were offering free training courses for their certifications. I registered but I honestly don’t think I will ever have the motivation or desires to spend time studying wireless standards. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    edited December 2020
    There are many wireless protocols in use today--especially by cell phone and IoT devices. The IT industry isn't demanding cellular, Bluetooth, or Zigbee certs too? It may be that the IT market sees no major need for vendor-independent wireless certs. In comparison, would you get more use from an LPI or RH cert for Linux?

Also, it might be that CWNP has really dropped the ball on marketing their certs. The CWNP is still a tiny, privately-held company; maybe they are focused on other things for better revenue streams.

If anyone from the CWNP wants to chime-in on this topic, get ahold of me someplace in my signature and we'll make it happen.
  • xiaohaozi0xiaohaozi0 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    There are many wireless protocols in use today--especially by cell phone and IoT devices. The IT industry isn't demanding cellular, Bluetooth, or Zigbee certs too? It may be that the IT market sees no major need for vendor-independent wireless certs. In comparison, would you get more use from an LPI or RH cert for Linux?

Also, it might be that CWNP has really dropped the ball on marketing their certs. 

If anyone from the CWNP wants to chime-in on this topic, get ahold of me someplace in my signature and we'll make it happen.
    Yeah, 2 years ago everybody is talking about CWNP, but right now seems nobody knows about CWNP.

I just passed CCIE wireless, want CWNP be my next goal.

Hope it doesn't wast my time and effort.
    I think all the material from CWNP is worth studying. I don't know if having the CWNP certs themselves will do much to advance one's career in Wi-Fi.
  • xiaohaozi0xiaohaozi0 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agreed, but I have booked my CWAP on VUE, can't refund  :'(

Hope the **** are valid.