Options

CCNP Enterprise Journey

StevennnStevennn Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everybody,

I am not sure about the activity on this forum these days since I have been gone for a while. Let's keep it short :smiley:
In September 2016 I received my first CCNA R&S certificate, unfortunately at that moment I was employed at the wrong employer. So I did not really use the certificate or improved my networking skills.
So before leaving that employer in 2019, I did the CCNA R&S exam again in September (2019) and got the certificate renewal!

Now I am working for a cool company with an impressive network infrastructure. My goal is to achieve the CCNP Enterprise certificate in December 2020. My plan is to start off with the CCNP 350-401 ENCOR exam. I was told this already was not an easy one at all! After that I will need to choose a Concentration exam, I am not sure which one I should choose. Wireless is not interesting for me since I do not monitor/configure any wireless devices.

Calendar goals:
10/2020: CCNP 350-401
12/2020: CCNP Concentration exam

I hope to find as much information on this forum for the (new) CCNP certificate as I did for my CCNA certificates!

Note: I did look at the CCNP FAQ but it seems like all (or many) of the links send me to the "Page not found" page :-)

Kind regards,
Currently: CCNA R&S certified
Goal: CCNP by the end of 2020
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wish you the best in your studies!
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck on your journey! Will hopefully walk the same path early next year once I finish my degree program at WGU.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    ps.89ps.89 Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any updates?
    2021 Year Goals: CCNP Enterprise Core; finish a Python video course
  • Options
    Hello!

Unfortunately my goal to pass the CCNP Encor 350-401 did not go to plan. I had to get some other (none relevant) certificates first due to customer requirements.

I finished this previous week and will start my 350-401 journey again from tomorrow (Monday). In the Cisco press book I was at the IP services chapter when I had to stop the study so I think I will just start reading the book from the start.

I would like to mention that the Cisco press book is not the most fun to read but it has a lot interesting information in it.

To practice I currently have GNS3 but sometimes I am strugling to work with it.
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I feel your pain @Stevennn. I'm working on my 350-401 but with work and family it's hard to carve out more than an hour on most days. I was hoping to sit for the exam this month but I'm only half way through the CBT Nuggets videos- let alone the Cisco Press stuff. Best of luck in your studies. 
  • Options
    Fulcrum45 said:
    I feel your pain @Stevennn. I'm working on my 350-401 but with work and family it's hard to carve out more than an hour on most days. I was hoping to sit for the exam this month but I'm only half way through the CBT Nuggets videos- let alone the Cisco Press stuff. Best of luck in your studies. 
    Thanks! Good luck for you too. I am still studying.