Anyone else take Cloud+ CV1-003 Beta?

StrikingInfluencerStrikingInfluencer Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I took the Cloud+ CV1-003 beta back a few months ago, mostly to get an idea of its content for the sake of brining it to the Academy I teach part-time for.   I haven't seen any updates from CompTIA and I've checked my transcripts and still see nothing.  Does anyone have any information about this that I potentially don't have?  Anyone else take it?  

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    That would be this discussion thread. CompTIA says the beta results will be released when the new Cloud+ exam is formally released in 2Q 2021.
  • FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Jeez that's gonna be a long wait. I was expecting March, but yeah April is Q2.
    Keep an eye out for an announcement of the official release date of the next Cloud+ cert exam and that'll be the release date of the Cloud+ beta exam scores too.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I despised the test and told them so on the survey. lol
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    I despised the test and told them so on the survey. lol
    Could you quantify that? What exactly about it did you "despise"? The quality of the questions? The difficulty? Was it too easy?
  • TheWeathermanTheWeatherman Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited February 2021
    This is an excerpt from Cloud+ (Plus) Certification | CompTIA IT Certifications

The new CompTIA Cloud+ (CVO-003) will be available in May.

It looks like we will be waiting for results a little bit longer.  :s
    I think the release date has always been May 2021.
    I just signed up for the "CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 Exam Pre-Launch Partner Webinar" on April 13, 2021. The launch date of Cloud+ CV0-003 exam is given as June 2021.

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited March 2021
    They’re really product testing that test lol.

While AZ900 and AWS CCP use CI/CD to rapidly update and deploy test and content. One seems to be rooted in an old model, the other in the new. Even Microsoft’s new policy on certification renewal. Cloud changes so quickly and constantly. That Cloud+ exam would probably have to update every six months to a year.
    A three-year update cycle for even a vendor-independent Cloud cert is too long.

The CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 Exam Pre-Launch Partner Webinar had the following interesting facts:
    • The new CompTIA Cloud+ exam (CV0-003) launches June 8, 2021
    • Cloud+ is accredited with ISO 17024 and DoDD 8140/8570.01-M
    • New domain: Cloud architecture & Design
    References

• trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So we can expect results around this time only
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• owieczka_macowieczka_mac Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As I have checked my PersonVue CompTIA's account today early morning (8.06.2021) status of Cloud+ Beta exam (CV1-003) was changed from: "Taken" to: "Pass". I have also checked score report and I got: 782/750 points - not so bad but it could be better - as always.
    CompTIA Cert Tracker doesn't show anything yet...
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited June 2021
    same here 798/750

It's my 6th CompTIA beta passed without any preparation  B)
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

As I have checked my PersonVue CompTIA's account today early morning (8.06.2021) status of Cloud+ Beta exam (CV1-003) was changed from: "Taken" to: "Pass". I have also checked score report and I got: 782/750 points - not so bad but it could be better - as always.
    CompTIA Cert Tracker doesn't show anything yet...
    Thanks for the heads-up! :) 

Passed with an 807, no prep like Trojin. That makes five for me: PT+, L+, C+, PT+ (again), CASP+.
    I just checked my CompTIA Certmetrics dashboard and see that I, too, have passed the CompTIA Cloud+ ce beta from 2020.  B) A link to my Score Report is not yet available, but I'll take a "Pass" any day as I thought for sure that I failed. I wonder how many items from my exam were invalidated prior to scoring. The drag-n-drop stuff was very confusing.

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I passed too by a nook and crannie. Not complaining. The only major CompTIA exam I’m missing is Linux+.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I failed it.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....