Did not pass PMP 12-31-20

balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□

PMP kicked me in the yesterday. Score report was not even a respectable attempt IMO. I watched a few videos from the PMP precast and I am not sure how much those helped.  In 2016 I took a prep course for PMP, felt overwhelmed and actually did not sit for the exam. I think I will need to put at least 3-4 months of solid PMP only prep into 2021. The sad thing is I have to get CGEIT, CCNA, Linux+, Network+. 

Everything but CGEIT is a work requirement for my current position.  Can't find any boot camps to actually attend here in Kuwait.  I did read the PMP official book once, but perhaps I need to read it 2X and make flashcards.  All in all, not the end of the world and having sat for PMP once, it took a large amount of the edge off. 

Comments

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Maybe the key is to study the PMBOK or one of those cert guides. Some of it could be the time in between.
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yep  I  think the same . I will read the PMBOK  twice and then go to another bootcamp.   
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited January 2021
    It's not an easy exam.  You'll get it next time.  Flash cards worked well for me.  
  • swampratswamprat Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PMBOK is definitely way to go, and agree, it's definitely not an easy test.  I haven't taken the PMP, but took the CAPM, which in theory was easier, and even that was a rough test.  Keep at it!
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    GET THE FLASHCARDS.  Helped me with the RMP and CAPM!  
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Have heard this PMP exam simulator software is one of the best prep's out there - have not used myself but I know of a couple ppl who only used this to pass.
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • HOWWHOWW Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Prepcast questions database. Get around 75% or higher. Sadly you will have to memorize the processes. Also remember that there are probably 100 sentences that are the basis of the PMP. An example is "if you are in planning and there's a change then update the Plan without the CCB. If you are in any other phase, go through the CCB".