Options

Custom subnetting practice

Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
I need to find a site/book where I can get some much-needed practice with custom subnetting. I'm only in class C right now, and the teacher is gives us either the number of hosts needed or the number of networks needed, along with the IP, and we have to find out the rest. I"ve been to "learnsubnetting.com" and it's ok, but I would actually prefer a different site or some kind of workbook. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    forbesl wrote:
    www.learntosubnet.com

I've been to this site, but I'm looking elsewhere. I'm not too fond of it, and if a book or workbook is available somewhere, that's what I'm really looking for.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not so much a workbook, but if you have $50 pick up the Sybex CCNA Study Guide (5th ed) by Todd Lammle. Many people have commented that he really explains subnetting well.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Mike beat me to the link for subnetting questions but also look at the technotes on this forum. Remember, working in binary gets it stuck in your brain
    Kam.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Kaminsky wrote:
    Remember, working in binary gets it stuck in your brain

and remember also:
    There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who know binary, and those who don't!

->someone else says "who are the other 8 types?"

icon_lol.gif
    Jack of all trades, master of none