Starting my Network + studying

D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey everyone,
I just started my journey. I'm excited to see where it goes and I'm hoping a learn a ton along the way!!!
I probably won't try to take the certification test for a 9 months to a year. I work full time and have a family, so I am on a steady diet of waking up at 4am to get my studying in for the day. :)

Materials I have:
Mike Meyer's book
Professor Messer's Notes printed out
Jason Dion's coarse on Udemy and his Practice Tests
Craig Zacker's Test Book

Here is to learn and further my education! :)
Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    All the best! You can probably do the exam in about 6 months time
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    itdept said:
    I hope you are right. I’m trying to get in about 1-3 hours of study time per day. 

I should also add I purchased an app so that I can quiz myself and also have Flashcards I can go through as well. 

I’m excited to learn more that will help me with my job!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    itdept said:

I agree, six months should be a good time frame for this test - God Luck
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey ! Although I should make a more complete post on my "case". Let me give you some tips that helped me pass with 812 on my first try as I had no Networking experience 3 months before studying. 

Just take notes! 

I see you passed A+ and Security+, so I won't have a lot of tips to give you but this precious one. Indeed, as I had no experience in Networking and N10-007 was my first certification exam ever, I decided to be very cautious about my study plan. 

What I did is simply to take every subject from every domain and write it in my own words in order to see if I understood it. (please note that I used the same materials as you). 
    I did it with the mentality of : "Try to explain it to a children, then to an adult and finally to a professional in IT."

Now I have a complete folder of almost 60 pages. All I have done is paper and pen work, I think I remember better by writing the old fashion way :p 

For the PBQs, well you see how it goes, but in all honesty I found them super easy... just to say. 

Wishing you the best of luck! 
    Network+ CE

Hey everyone,
    well I took a long break and got my isc2 CC, and my Google Certified in Cybersecurity Certs, as well as some Proofpoint Certs and now have come back to studying again for the Net+ exam. 

I still have updated study materials and have added Measureup to the list as well. I’ve started over with the Udemy Jason Dion coarse. After I plan on doing Professor Messers, then Measureup and then I plan on maybe looking at some practice exams afterwards.

Hoping that I can get this one under my belt in about 6 months time. I can probably get 2-3 hours a day study time between work, family, etc. 

Hoping I can learn a lot on this one and have fun at the same time!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    FYI:
    • The new CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-009) is scheduled for public release on June 20, 2024.
    • The current N+ exam (N10-008) is slated for retirement in December 2024.
    JDMurray said:
    FYI:
    • The new CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-009) is scheduled for public release on June 20, 2024.
    • The current N+ exam (N10-008) is slated for retirement in December 2024.
    I really appreciate you posting this. I need to schedule the N10-008 then pronto! That is the test I have been studying for. I may just go ahead and pay for the test and free re-take if I can get one. 
    Does that mean I'll have until December 2024 to still pass the exam?
    N10-008 will be available to take until December 2024. Keep your eye on the Network+ page or pearsonvue.com to see when the last day to test is made known. 
    Many thanks for the response. I’ll need to reach out to Comptia to make sure that I can still take the N10-008
    There are no prerequisites. Anyone who pays the exam fee can take the exam.
  • raleighbluetechraleighbluetech Registered Users Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just be sure you're prepared before you actually take it. You don't want to whip it more cash just to retake it.