Hello there.

AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
Greetings everyone let me introduce myself: 

I am a 19 year-old French guy who is fond of any domain in information security. I started learning "computers" (Although I don't like this term, let's assume it means: "learning stuff related to computers") when I was around 10-11 years old. 

But I was not a member of the infamous cliché "computer nerd, school nerd" but more "only computer nerd." From kindergarten to high school, I felt like I was jailed. Thus, my school grades were bad... except in English and in "Computer Science" where I was always one of the best. Not to mention those subjects saved my final graduation mark and allowed me to finish High School last July (2020). 

As I had terrible marks, nor colleges nor universities desired me to come study and I decided to make my own way with certifications and trainings. I know this might not be the best as many jobs will require me to obtain a degree somewhere in any field... but what choice did I have? 

Thus last December I certified Network+ by taking the N10-007 exam and got a score of 812. (Sorry for showing off but I am quite glad of myself if you take in count the fact that I had zero knowledge of Networking last August.)

My presence here is primarily due to my will of getting a job within the next two coming years. Sadly, I require help not to get lost in this vast ocean of certifications and receive as many tips and tricks from you on the Certification Roadmap I made. 

As I progress through the certifications, I'll try helping the most people I can with the one I passed. Starting with the Network+ :smiley:

(Sorry for this lengthy introduction, but I'll use it to refer in my next discussions about my certification roadmap on which I'll ask help/tips/advices from you.) 

May you all enjoy life. 
Network+ CE

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hi, welcome aboard. Bienvenue. 

I am from Quebec and french native too, older than you (44 y old) and share some part of your story. I would say that even if I had only a 3 years technical college degree in IT, all work toward getting more certification helped get where I am.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome and enjoy your stay.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, welcome aboard. Bienvenue. 

I am from Quebec and french native too, older than you (44 y old) and share some part of your story. I would say that even if I had only a 3 years technical college degree in IT, all work toward getting more certification helped get where I am.
    Judging by what I came across here, many seem to share some part of my story.  I only wish we all enjoy certificating and employers to be delighted seeing our rewards from the exams we passed, despite some of us have no degree.  But I hope you are happy in Quebec and that you enjoy life :smiley:  
    Welcome and enjoy your stay.
    Thank you! I already enjoy it so far. 
    Network+ CE

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I thought they called them ordinateurs in France. :)

• AmbrosiusAmbrosius Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    I thought they called them ordinateurs in France. :)

Indeed we do! 

I see someone that has knowledge in the "Notorious rebels and grumpy guys" language! :lol:

(We are born grumpy)
    Network+ CE

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Howdy and welcome!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□