Aws security

craig009craig009 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello ,
Any practice questions for aws security that can assist and equip for exam readiness

Answers

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Probably acloud.guru has the best training stuff for the AWS Security exam.
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    acloudguru consistently gets low ratings for its AWS content from various reviews I've seen. I can't really comment specifically on their Security course or their practice questions. I had a Linux Academy subscription and looked at some of the AWS content when they did the merge and found it lacking.
    I am in the process of using tutorialsdojo and found it great. Jon Bonso gets lots of positive reviews and will eventually have a positive review from me for CSAA . I believe they have a Sec course on Udemy - Jon Bonso
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    itdept said:
    acloudguru consistently gets low ratings for its AWS content from various reviews I've seen.

Really? I think the acloud.guru material is very thorough, although I have never used to to prep for an actual AWS exam (yet). It may be that their coverage of all the exam's topics are not detailed enough. I certainly would not rely on acloud.guru as a single-source for AWS exam prep. Reading the AWS docs/whitepapers is a must.
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Jon Bonso is a guru in this area and if you go to his website and obtain the specimen papers/course notes with references it would tremendously help. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Stephane Maarek has the best courses on AWS (Bonso is great too!) but he hasn't released his Sec Speciality course yet. As a matter of fact its been about a year since I last pinged him and he said it was on his list to do. Reach out to him, he takes a lot of feedback and the more people that reach out to him the better.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I will absolutely +1 the Jon Bonso content.

Those Security Specialty questions are monsters. Every single one is like 2 paragraphs of a scenario, and then you pick the best answer. That exam took a heck of a lot outta me, and I think the Bonso practice tests had the closest feel to real questions.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?