Options

PearsonVue Online Exam Issues - Assistance Needed

Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello TE community:

I attempted to take my 70-742 at home using online proctoring on 1/13 and 1/15. Both times, my system passed the checks and I was able to take the one question sample exam. At test time, I disabled my VPN and Norton Security. When the exam was to start, on both occasions, the proctor would come on and tell me they couldn't see me thru the Web cam. Even though I could see myself in the Web cam and it had the 'recording' red button in the upper-right quadrant of video feed.  I wasted six+ hours this past week trying to get this exam completed. Thankfully, I was able to schedule at a testing center 20 minutes from my home for 1/18. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening? I took the 70-740 and 70-741 exams at home with no issues. I haven't installed any new software on my system and I did clear the browser cache [Edge Chromium and FireFox] repeatedly. Has anyone here run into this or does anyone have any suggestions? Want to try and take the CCSP from home in the next few months if possible.

Thanks!

Falcon56

Comments

• Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Did you reinstall the onVue software? Did you have anything like VNC running or those services like VPN and Norton Security running in background?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Falcon56 said:
    When the exam was to start, on both occasions, the proctor would come on and tell me they couldn't see me thru the Web cam.

Was this your only problem? Did the proctor allow the exam to start with your webcam not working? Did you try updating or un/reinstalling your webcam software? Do you have another webcam and from a different manufacturer?
  • Options
    Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdept and JDMurray - thank you both for responding. 

I did have a Norton Security WSC service running in the background that would not allow me to kill the task. I did uninstall Norton but the proctor still couldn't see me. I don't have any VNC services running at at all. I made sure that I had deleted all versions of the OnVue software.

The proctor did not allow the exam to start on either night. I did go into Device Manager and uninstalled the drivers and updated them. I think I am going to try to uninstall the entire package and re-install. I will grab another Web cam from work and see if that helps.

I have the AWS Cloud Practitioner coming up here in mid-February so I am hoping these suggestions will do the trick. I saw where you just passed yours JD and appreciate the thread you shared.

Thank you both for the suggestions!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I really recommend the convenience of a testing center assuming that you don't have any travel issues or health concerns.
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Is this a corporate endpoint or personal? If its the former - please note that these can cause massive issues owing to the general build. 
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I agree with JDMurray, try to do at a testing center. The amount of time I mess around with check-in and having laptop on full charge, Internet on UPS. Turning off and remote management / VM type software is a pain.