SEC487 or GOSI

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finally, taking time to look into the SEC487. Anyone with any suggestion or recommendation about this course (on demand).  I heard of mix feedback from many people. Just wondering if I will learn anything from this course.  Also, how's the exam comparing to other?  Thx
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited February 2021
    I passed. I also took the exam at home. If you have extra laptop for exam, then use it.  Study and do the practice in the room where you will take the exam.  It will help to get your momentum rolling when come to real exam.  
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool! Congrats! Can you share your index?
  • WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2021
    Kasor said:
    I passed. I also took the exam at home. If you have extra laptop for exam, then use it.  Study and do the practice in the room where you will take the exam.  It will help to get your momentum rolling when come to real exam.  
    They let you take the exam with 2 laptops? You sure about that? 

That is indirectly (or directly), che...... nvm

I don't want to question the integrity of anyone on the internet, but..

Page 5 Please:

https://www.giac.org/pdfs/ProctorUTechTips.pdf?msc=remoteproctor

I've taken more than 1 GIAC exam through ProctorU and they are beyond strict (for good reason, I guess). 
  • quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think he means that you should use a spare laptop rather than your primary laptop. If you have a non-work laptop that you just use for testing, that's the one to use for the test because ProctorU makes changes and adds software.
    edited September 2021
    Thanks. Quogue66. 

Also, it is always recommend to create your own index because I might have 10 pages, while my coworker have 15 to 20 pages.  SANS often upgrade their materials (depending on the course).  
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kasor said:
    Thanks. Quogue66. 

Also, it is always recommend to create your own index because I might have 10 pages, while my coworker have 15 to 20 pages.  SANS often upgrade their materials (depending on the course).  
    I was asking just for a starting point, not to used your entirely. Just to see what you thought was important enough to do an index for and what is not. 

There are few technique that I will recommend 1) you know the answer, save you 30 sec; 2) you know but not sure, check the tab (add 30 sec); 3) you don't know, then check your index (add 30 to 60 sec).  

You need to have clear mind and relax during the exam, and time is important. It is easier to say than doing it, but it will help.