What next after CISM?

rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
hye all

What you reckon after CISM --?  should straight into CISA or CISSP? other tho my manager still want me to complete the NSE4 by end of this month :)

I'm aiming to be part of security strategy and management. 
Most of job desc - lot of accronym oif CISA & CISSP :smile:

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would do CISSP as there is some overlap between CISM and CISSP.  There is many person doing the reverse, ie prepare for the CISSP and do the CISM just after as there is a lot of overlap. 

Also CISSP is the "gold standard" of infosec pro.. so it is worth the time investment
  • rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would do CISSP as there is some overlap between CISM and CISSP.  There is many person doing the reverse, ie prepare for the CISSP and do the CISM just after as there is a lot of overlap. 

Also CISSP is the "gold standard" of infosec pro.. so it is worth the time investment
    Thanks Steve,

I was looking at the video and found few domains in CISSP have some similarities what CISM have.
    Some of the trainers mentioned that, we just need another 50% to study the CISA and set the mindset as auditor once you complete the CISM.

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited February 2021
    CISSP before CISA. I hold all three and went in this order: CISSP (2015), CISM (2017), CISA (2018). Once you have one (plus the right experience) it makes the others easier to obtain. They all have overlap. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    CISSP before CISA. I hold all three and went in this order: CISSP (2015), CISM (2017), CISA (2018). Once you have one (plus the right experience) it makes the others easier to obtain. They all have overlap. 
    yeah, generally some of the term and topics covered on that four CISM domains and expanding with CISSP will be good idea. Later to be add-on with CISA as auditor minded.

This is not include the cost to maintain yearly fees & CPE to be considered :)

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There are not many InfoSec management certs: CISM, CISSP-ISSMP, GSTRT, and C|CISO.
    Collect 'em all!  ;)

JDMurray said:
    There are not many InfoSec management certs: CISM, CISSP-ISSMP, GSTRT, and C|CISO.
    Collect 'em all!  ;)

yeah! thanks for the list.
    how i wish its claimable