C# Certiifcation

ArjunkumarArjunkumar Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone, I am looking for C# certification. I am confused between Programming in C# (Exam 70-483) and Programming in Microsoft C# - Exam 70-483 in Udemy, which one is better for fresher point of view. I have found this list from here. Can anyone suggest me or anyone here c# developer who suggest some tips also?

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looks the first describes the actual Microsoft cert itself, while the Udemy one preps you take the Microsoft cert. Not a C# developer, but I'd suggest spending that time instead of prepping for some (multiple choice) cert, spend the time creating a project for your portfolio so you can show your competence.

If I were hiring a C# developer, I would be more interested in the candidate that has a portfolio of C# programs that demonstrate their skill, rather than the candidate that passed a multiple choice exam. You can't really make a portfolio to demonstrate the skillset involved in something like the CCNA, so the cert is a substitute. But with programming you absolutely can, and in my opinion, should.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is a C# discord you should consider joining, and also consider the C# subreddit
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pluralsight has a C# course.  I’m not particularly interested kn C# development myself, but I started going through it to help me understand the C# .Net examples on Microsoft’s website so I could do similar things with .Net in powershell.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Programming certifications have been around since the late 1990's (Microsoft) and they never really caught on as something that is needed by the software development communities. However, you do not need to actually a the certification to realize the learning benefit of a programming cert. The objectives listed in programming certifications make a handy syllabus for what to study when learning a new programming language, or bettering learning a programming language that you already know. This is one reason why many books, college courses, and online training courses will follow a cert's objectives very closely in their design.

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MOre often than not, a nice Git Hub account with some of your code is the best visit card for a developper