CEH Resources

malhashimmalhashim Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
Greeting, 

Would any one advise what are the best resources for the CEH such as books and Video training. 

Best Answers

• saskiller2saskiller2 Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Answer ✓
    If you are taking training through EC-Council or an ATC, the best resources are what you have in front of you, the videos, Labs and book. That is all you need to pass, it's designed that way.

If you are self studying, I would advise waiting until books specifically covering v11 come out. It could be months to years. That said, if you have pentest experience, you *may* be able to fumble your way through it.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Answer ✓
    I took it in 2016 using mostly:

- Matt Walker AIO exam guide & practice exams (both 2nd ed)
    - Boson practice exams (found a coupon code online)

Here is my thread about it: https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/123468/passed-c-eh-on-11-11-16#latest

Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • saskiller2saskiller2 Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Answer ✓
    malhashim said:
    will it be fine if I started with CEHv10 books for now and then cover the updated parts once they release the new editions. 

is there also a good video training for self study

I can't say as I haven't studied v10 material. The claim is that v11 is a major update. I can't say.If you understand the hacking process, as well as relatively modern tools I think you have a shot. You could take the exam prep offered by the class instructor, it's likely to cover what you need to know.

Answers

• malhashimmalhashim Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are taking training through EC-Council or an ATC, the best resources are what you have in front of you, the videos, Labs and book. That is all you need to pass, it's designed that way.

If you are self studying, I would advise waiting until books specifically covering v11 come out. It could be months to years. That said, if you have pentest experience, you *may* be able to fumble your way through it.
    will it be fine if I started with CEHv10 books for now and then cover the updated parts once they release the new editions. 

is there also a good video training for self study