Getting into wireless with CWNA

SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
Looking at taking the CWNA in the near future and wanted to know if there were any good practice exams out there I could purchase. Looking at the one from their site right now, has anyone else used it?

Started a new network analyst role at my job and they are looking for the team to be more adept with wireless technology and troubleshooting so I figured this would be a good first step since it is a vendor neutral cert. Thinking of tackling the Cisco equivalent with one of their CCNP specialty exams later this year as well since everything we use is Cisco.
Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If everything you do or use is Cisco, I would do the Cisco certfication first. 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Yeah, start with the vendor-specific certs for where you work and then branch-out to the vendors-neutral certs. Employers are more likely to pay for vendor-specific training and certs too.

Spiegel said:
    ... wanted to know if there were any good practice exams out there I could purchase.
    Do you want to really learn 802.11 or just get the cert for your wall?

• SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    Yeah, start with the vendor-specific certs for where you work and then branch-out to the vendors-neutral certs. Employers are more likely to pay for vendor-specific training and certs too.

Spiegel said:
    ... wanted to know if there were any good practice exams out there I could purchase.
    Do you want to really learn 802.11 or just get the cert for your wall?

I've never really studied for a cert without a purpose. It has always been to either improve my skills and to assist in obtaining a job/promotion if the opportunity presented itself. So to answer your question, yes, I'd like to become knowledgeable in 802.11 because it'll help me do my job. I finally got into the field I've been striving for all these years and would like to do well.
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    edited March 2021
    My point was that learning certification material is done prior to using certification practice exams. People who are asking for practice exams to start usually just want to pass the cert exam ASAP and without too much studying of the actual cert material.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    My point was that learning certification material is done prior to using certification practice exams. People who are asking for practice exams to start usually just want to pass the cert exam ASAP and without too much studying of the actual cert material.
    Understood and you make a very valid point. I just like to be prepared and have most of my study materials on hand once I'm ready to use them. I really do want to become an expert in wireless and understand how it works to a degree that its natural to me.