Are there any good resume writing services?

kenleywarren04kenleywarren04 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
Where can I get free help with my resume?

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray said:
    Google
    When I asked Google it just told me to go to TE :-)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Monster? Indeed? Zip Recruiter? Try those. 
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I don't have a resume writing service recommendation beyond the resume templates in Microsoft Word or some-such. If a recruiter takes an interest in you for a job application, they will usually reorg your resume for free to make you look more appealing to their customer(s).
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited March 2021
    The best resume writing service is keeping track of what you do at work so you have meaningful bullets and accomplishments to add to your resume.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited March 2021
    Googling for resume templates and just looking at the format should give you a good idea how to create your resume. As for what types of content will be based on your experience and how you should be selling yourself to your targeted employer. 

Take a day or two to also go through some youtube videos on resume building. 

Spend the time to get this down, your career depends on it. 

Also, while you are at it, research and gather information on interview tips. Just spend a week working on all this. It really doesn't take that long and you will better position yourself for what is to come. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• herorabbitherorabbit Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Share with us, we'll review :smile:
    CEO of software testing company Herorabbit
    My LinkedIn: click
    Our Twitter: click 
  • trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    content is more important than how is written. No one free or paid service will help you if there is nothing to write
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Employers always estimate good writing resume.

Speaking as someone who reads a lot of resumes looking for job candidates, I am impressed far more with the informational content of the writing in a resume than in the writing itself. If the resume writing service interviews the customer to discover interesting facts about the customer work history to put in the resume's content, I'm all for it. However, if a resume service just reformats an insufficient and ineffective resume to make it look prettier, no real value is being added that will increase the resume holder's chances of getting a first-round interview.

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I’m thinking about changing my resume to follow this format:

https://www.careercup.com/resume